Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any motorcycle speakers on their bike? I’ve been shopping around and can’t decide what to do. I’m looking for something that’s waterproof and audible at around 70mph (avg highway speed). Im thrown between Cycle Acoustics set, a similar more pricey set with less wattage from DWG or I found a set that’s around $400 from another site…. Cycle Acoustics is 150watt, as well is the latter, and the second is 100 watts. Can anyone tell me If the 50 watts is noticeable? Also what about the $400 system, any input on if it’s much louder? Better quality sound? Seems a waste of the extra money as I can pay $75 shipped for a set right now from Cycle Acoustics, $300 just seems a bit ridiculious but I just want to make sure I have some input before I make a move… Also if anyone has them, please post some photos if possible!

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
What sound system are you going to use? Are you just looking to plug in an MP3 player?

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I have the Uniq Cycle sounds mounted on my Nomad. They sound really good. Mine is 150 watts, right now i am feeding them from my Blackberry running Pandora mostly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Installed the Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome Speakers to the Nomad. They sound good, even on the highway at 70mph. Bass is a little lacking I think that's due to the size of the speakers. But I really enjoy them.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
I've been looking at the Uniq Cycle Sounds speakers, myself. The website states they are the loudest you can get. My best friend has a smaller set (not sure of the brand - it's made for HD) on his HD RK and has no issues hearing it on the highway

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bit the bullet and ordered the Cycle Acoustics ones, at $70 shipped I couldn't pass it up, found a dealership locally that stocked them for $175, couldn't listen to them on a bike obviously but non riding they were loud enough over the bikes started engine.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
I just looked at their site... less than $100 for speakers and a 150w amp? I'd be very interested in getting your take on the quality and sound this system provides :)

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
My Royal Star Venture has a built in sound system with speakers. I wear a full face helmet so at freeway speeds it made it difficult to hear the speakers. I installed helmet head sets and what a difference. My recommendation is helmet head set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts