Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
check to see whether you have 1" or 3/4" bars before you buy.

·
Pinson, Alabama
416 Posts
My wife got me a set of those ISO grips that are so common.

I have not the heart to tell her I like the stock grips better.

To me the ISO grips feel to busy under your hands.

Just my take on it.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Those are NICE! I have been looking around for some grips and I think I found a style I like. Got to wait a while since we just spent the extra cash on the new bike for my wife. If they fit, let us know.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
I wonder if we could mount the matching pegs onto the 900's?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check to see whether you have 1" or 3/4" bars before you buy.
Im told the stock bars on the 900 are one inch. I should measure to make sure though. I really dont mind my stock grips that much but they make my hands black. i cant stand that. And i dont think that those ISO grips will be any better over time. I just want something that wont turn my hands black and will last.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They are nice grips, you should know that with all metal grips she will always need to ride with leather or leather like material because the throttle side will slide back in her hand. Get some really well insolated gloves for winter riding because it is like holding on to an ice cube, the grips will rattle some too so be ready for that.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
I went ahead and ordered some grips- BLACKOUT SPIKE IMPALER GATLIN HAND GRIPS HARLEYS : eBay Motors (item 360237402854 end time Feb-27-10 16:04:39 PST)

Unfortunatly hes was unknowingly out of them. Thankfully he emailed me and told me this instead of just sending out something close looking. He suggested a very simmular look and make and has been helping decide if they will work on our Kawi's. He has been pretty cool about things and helpfull so even if we can't get them to work for us, I would recomend him to those that can use them.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
I am attaching some pics of the 900's throttle to help Steven with Hammercustomcycles.com see if his grips would work on our bikes.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
I am attaching some pics of the 900's throttle to help Steven with Hammercustomcycles.com see if his grips would work on our bikes.
he'll probably need to see the inside to really tell if they will work or not. thats where the difference is, in how the cables attach and how it rides in the housing. my guess is if they fit a Harley, they arent gonna work on a kaw. ive replaced HD cables before, and they're diff than my 900.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Does anybody know if a victory is simalar in set up or know where to get a pic of the insides of the throtle set up?

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
OK just adding some pics of the throttle insides. Hoping these help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts