Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so trying to find someone with 150/60's is about impossible around here but i did find someone with a sweet deal on a 160/60 17 dunlops, the pair for $150.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hey guys, you need to remember the bigger the tire you put on the worse the bike handles. Sure a fat tire looks trick but it feels like you're driving a truck. Go to sport rider's web site and look at their tire section if you don't wanna listen to me.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
on an ex500 its quite a bit different than any other bike I've seen. Although I get questioned all the time about this.

Basically with the way the 150/60 tire is on the rim, (just barely), it gives a very good profile for cornering. The other HUGE difference is the kind of tire used. The stock size 130/70 I think, is hard to find in any decent compounds. I don't like sport-touring tires, and 150/60 is the smallest SS compound tire available.

Everyone that races ex500's runs 150/60s, they were how I found out about the difference.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Freakinout said:
on an ex500 its quite a bit different than any other bike I've seen. Although I get questioned all the time about this.

Basically with the way the 150/60 tire is on the rim, (just barely), it gives a very good profile for cornering. The other HUGE difference is the kind of tire used. The stock size 130/70 I think, is hard to find in any decent compounds. I don't like sport-touring tires, and 150/60 is the smallest SS compound tire available.

Everyone that races ex500's runs 150/60s, they were how I found out about the difference.
Thats good to know thanks. I've been planing on putting together a race bike and I'm debating between an EX500 and ZX-6RR. Leaning more and more twards the 6RR but we'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts