Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Wild Rebels MC
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting one of these kits off of ebay.

They are titled:

BLUE LED LIGHTS KAWASAKI VULCAN 500 800 900 1500

and they are like 16 bucks. Do they look that cool, do they work, do they short out your system?

Thanks

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Personally I wouldn't purchase anything that costs less than a burger and fries (and a Coke). It just seems too "affordable".

But that's just my uneducated opinion, as I have never tried these (or any) LED's.

Try chatting with Steve (Insolentminx), he has LED's on his 900.

·
Wild Rebels MC
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but where do you eat? :) A burger and fries shouldn't cost that much

·
Night Rider
802 Posts
I went with this kit from this same seller and they were great till I took them out due to damage.

I am planning on purchasing another kit and redoing my bike again.

LED ELECTROPODS PURPLE KIT LIGHTS 4 MOTORCYCLE 297 : eBay Motors (item 110372728962 end time Mar-29-10 18:26:31 PDT)

By the description of your auction, it sounds like you are only getting 6 separate led lights, plus the seller can not even spell "GUARANTIED."

I would definitely stay away from this auction and look at something else.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I went with this kit from this same seller and they were great till I took them out due to damage.

I am planning on purchasing another kit and redoing my bike again.

LED ELECTROPODS PURPLE KIT LIGHTS 4 MOTORCYCLE 297 : eBay Motors (item 110372728962 end time Mar-29-10 18:26:31 PDT)

By the description of your auction, it sounds like you are only getting 6 separate led lights, plus the seller can not even spell "GUARANTIED."

I would definitely stay away from this auction and look at something else.
I have those on mine.. only in blue..

·
HD has nothin on a Custom
424 Posts
i bought some LEDs off ebay. I bought a kit that was specifically meant for a cruiser. The sellers name was Joe Florida. I would HIGHLY recommend. Plus for a little bit more, you can buy a remote system for it which lets you turn off and on the lights from a distance, plus it gives your lights more functions, i.e brightness levels, strobe, and breathing.

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
i bought some LEDs off ebay. I bought a kit that was specifically meant for a cruiser. The sellers name was Joe Florida. I would HIGHLY recommend. Plus for a little bit more, you can buy a remote system for it which lets you turn off and on the lights from a distance, plus it gives your lights more functions, i.e brightness levels, strobe, and breathing.
What color of LED's did ya go with to offset that red bike, James? Red, or another? I've been toying with the idea myself.

·
Rock'n, Roll'n, & Ride'n
16 Posts
Just installed these from Amazon. $5 each strip. I used 6 strips. Made in china but they look well assembled. It's kinda hard to mess up the manufacture of LED strips. Wired them into the running light circuit. Given that they are LED's there is very little loading on the electrical loading.

Attachments

·
Wild Rebels MC
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your feedback. I went with the 10 PODs 40-LEDs ACCENT Light Kit from Joe Florida. Can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Joe Florida is supposed to be good products.

an alternative is StreetFX Electropods, which i have a lot of... and a remote control unit too.

but you've already bought the Joe Florida ones, so i'm not entirely sure why i'm typing this.

ah hell, while I'm here i'll post-ho some pics too. I need to take some new ones as these are out of date

·
Registered
80 Posts

They are titled:

and they are like 16 bucks. Do they look that cool, do they work, do they short out your system?

Thanks
after reading some of his feedback and comparing prices, i ordered a set! LOL

·
Registered
20,606 Posts

They are titled:

Thanks
after reading some of his feedback and comparing prices, i ordered a set! LOL
i just searched for that in eBay out of curiosity.

if i'm not mistaken, that's only for 6 LEDs...
that's my understanding of what he's written.

i have 6 LEDs under each corner of my tank.

so to light up your tank like mine, you'd need to buy 4 of those sets.
Which works out to be quite expensive when you compare it to the StreetFX Complete Kit for $55 which'll give you 6x pods each with 6 LEDs, and 2x strips of 6 LEDs. So you can put 4 pods under the tank, 2 under the rear fender, and the 2 strips under the bike

****, i'm tempted to buy another set for my RR now.... :oops:

·
Wild Rebels MC
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Insolent, are you a professional photographer - seriously. Those pics of your bike have a really gorgeous quality to them. Even the rubbish on the ground looks pretty.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
i was a professional photographer, but not any more.

those were just taken with my Casio Exilim point-and-shoot digital camera.... but i did use a tripod and a timer so that they didn't blur.
i think i took about 100 pictures that night too, just fiddling with different settings :lol:

:) thanks, though :)

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Just a note to check your local laws. Any lighting other than lighting "in the range from white to yellow" is forbidden on moving vehicles in Colorado.

Fine for standing still in a parking lot and looking cool, though.

I've heard of blue lights being pulled over for impersonating a police car (cops run blue lights in CO). There's an exception just for blue-dot taillights, though, for those who like retro here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a note to check your local laws. Any lighting other than lighting "in the range from white to yellow" is forbidden on moving vehicles in Colorado.

Fine for standing still in a parking lot and looking cool, though.

I've heard of blue lights being pulled over for impersonating a police car (cops run blue lights in CO). There's an exception just for blue-dot taillights, though, for those who like retro here.
+1 for California.

No blue lights showing to the front or the rear of the vehicle. Police motorcycles have blue lights on either side of the rear license plate so that at night in the event of a pursuit, other marked patrol vehicles can easily identify the police motorcycle from the rear when the marked cars approach the pursuit to take it over from the motorcycle unit. Our department policy states that if a motor unit initiates a pursuit, then that police motorcycle unit will back off of the pursuit when a marked patrol car joins in and takes over the pursuit.

·
HD has nothin on a Custom
424 Posts
What color of LED's did ya go with to offset that red bike, James? Red, or another? I've been toying with the idea myself.
i went with orange, since my bike is the candy burnt orange. mine is lit up just as much as insolent's except i dont have any on the bottom of my bike (with me living on a gravel road, it just didnt make sense, lol)

·
Wild Rebels MC
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
+1 for California.

No blue lights showing to the front or the rear of the vehicle. Police motorcycles have blue lights on either side of the rear license plate so that at night in the event of a pursuit, other marked patrol vehicles can easily identify the police motorcycle from the rear when the marked cars approach the pursuit to take it over from the motorcycle unit. Our department policy states that if a motor unit initiates a pursuit, then that police motorcycle unit will back off of the pursuit when a marked patrol car joins in and takes over the pursuit.
I live in CA, so can I put the blue lights around the engine and under the fenders as long as they don't illuminate the lic plate? In actuality I would not even drive with them on unless I am in hazardous conditions and need the visibility.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts

They are titled:

Thanks
Blue lights on a bike are a violation in most if not all states. Reserved for Police Vehicles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts