Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've had my bike for about 6 months (87 ninja 750r) and it's really too much bike for me. I had about 5,000 commute miles on my last bike (81 Honda Silverwing 500cc) and i have put about 3,000 on this one. I only commute and a sportbike really isn't useful for that.

im looking for a 91-92 Kawi Concours. I really want one and am hoping to do a straight trade with someone

it's currently got 12,700 miles (yes, that it)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right here....j/k

im in northern California

i bought the bike as it was the right price ($1000) and it was impluse. Im glad i bought it as it saves me so much off taking the truck to work, but the 750r is just to much bike for me (at least i know that BEFORE i get into an accident)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Ksnarf said:
Right here....j/k

im in northern California

i bought the bike as it was the right price ($1000) and it was impluse. Im glad i bought it as it saves me so much off taking the truck to work, but the 750r is just to much bike for me (at least i know that BEFORE i get into an accident)
Your probably one of the smartest/safest riders out if you realize the bike is too much for you. Wish I lived near there I'd probably take it off your hands.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

boy, no kiddin - your gonna live a long time as a rider knowing what your limits are :D concours is a fantastic touring bike - good luck :wink:

ride safe!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your posts

Even though the Concours has more cc's, it is heavier and is not a sport-bike, so hopefully i can find one for a trade, i won't feel as pressured to go faster. (explaining to people that you take a 750cc sportbike to work to commute sometimes get difficult :) )

·
Registered
269 Posts
As much as I like to hear you say how fast that 750r is, have you thought about maybe changing the gearing for less bottom end power, it makes a big difference on that bike. If it is geared low it will pull like the antichrist as the RPMs build. With taller gears it is easy to anticipate the bikes performance. Wish I lived closer to ya I'd find away to make ya like it...LOL. Hate to see it go to some fool that will trash one of the bikes I dreamed of in high school, and you seem very sensible.

·
Registered
837 Posts
sounds like you commute a long way.i can understand why you would want to get off a sport bike and go to the cruiser for commuting so to have a more comfortable ride. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts