Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!!

I have a 07 Vulcan 900 Custom, and I am intrested in putting handle bar risers on my bike,...I think it will give me a better grip, but I would greatly appreciated if any of you have it on your 900 Custom, if you can tell me how the handleing feels after you put them on...and post some pics of your bike to see how it looks.

Thank You!

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:icon_frow
Hello all!!!

I have a 07 Vulcan 900 Custom, and I am intrested in putting handle bar risers on my bike,...I think it will give me a better grip, but I would greatly appreciated if any of you have it on your 900 Custom, if you can tell me how the handleing feels after you put them on...and post some pics of your bike to see how it looks.

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi Tely, I put 4 inch pull back Auromach risers on my 900LT classic. I can tell you that it improved my ride, and they were pretty easy to put on. I don't think pics will help because we have different designs. Hope this helps a little.

D

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't know how different the handlebars are between a 900 and a 1600 Classic, but here's a pix of my 4" Aeromach risers. They do make your ride more comfortable and the handling feels much better too.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Guys, Tely's custom has the same bars as the meanie, which has the risers built-in to the drag bar style. Those dog bone style risers your talking about won't work for her.

Tely, maybe some of the MS riders could help you on this one.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
As an afterthought, there was a guy here who bought some deep well sockets, like a spark plug sized one. He mounted them as risers with some extra long bolts and it worked well. As long as you don't ming the Craftsman or Snap-On logos on your bike ;-)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Guys, Tely's custom has the same bars as the meanie, which has the risers built-in to the drag bar style. Those dog bone style risers your talking about won't work for her.

Tely, maybe some of the MS riders could help you on this one.
Your right Kevim, we know, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to help Tely, she's such a babe:wink:

D

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As an afterthought, there was a guy here who bought some deep well sockets, like a spark plug sized one. He mounted them as risers with some extra long bolts and it worked well. As long as you don't ming the Craftsman or Snap-On logos on your bike ;-)
Maybe their are the same ones I am talking about..lol...they do look like spark plugs!...I saw them on scootworks....and it rises up the handle bar and pulls it a few inches back i think...so the handlebars wont look as if is right their on top of the tank...but since I am short, I was wondering..will this make the handle bars more uncomfortable for me or better.

Here is the link to the risers :

Scootworks - Kawasaki Handlebar Risers, PhatRisers, Riser Extensions, & Riser Accessories

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Maybe their are the same ones I am talking about..lol...they do look like spark plugs!...I saw them on scootworks....and it rises up the handle bar and pulls it a few inches back i think...so the handlebars wont look as if is right their on top of the tank...but since I am short, I was wondering..will this make the handle bars more uncomfortable for me or better.

Here is the link to the risers :

Scootworks - Kawasaki Handlebar Risers, PhatRisers, Riser Extensions, & Riser Accessories
Those are like what I described. Someone here did't want to pay 80 for them, so they got sockets and bolts, but you've got the logos of the tool company.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Tely, I have the PhatII risers on my 1500, and I really like them. I don't know how much difference there is between the 900 and the 1500, but I would think they would work about the same.

They'll bring your bars up closer to you so you don't have to reach so far. And they look really nice. They're pretty easy to put on, too. I put mine on my bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tely, I have the scootworks risers on my 900 custom and they work great. I am 5'9" and it seems to be comfortable for me. When I received them they came with bolts with a fine thread, so I had to buy the right heavy thread ones from ACE hardware. Sorry I don't have any pics. Hope you're enjoying your bike!

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Tely, here are the PhatII risers on my 1500.

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Risers

Those are like what I described. Someone here did't want to pay 80 for them, so they got sockets and bolts, but you've got the logos of the tool company.
Shoot!...if I knew how to do the same thing myself...I would, the only thing I would do differently is polish them to erase the tool company's name.....but maybe the only reason he left it was, so people would see that they were original invented by him....or maybe he was getting profits from the tool company..:lol:

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you

Tely, here are the PhatII risers on my 1500.

Tell me, how do you do it?....I mean, do all those things to your bike yourself?....Tina already told me she studied and works on this field....and I keep reading post of the things you have done to your own bike....I am scared to do it myself!....I feel as if I am going to mess it up or something, and I feel bad..because I would love to do it myself!

Do I need some kind of jack or something to lift the bike??.....I bought this beautiful studded bib for the tank and I am still waiting for a friend of mine to do it..because I am afraid to do it myself.....

Julie your bike looks awsome, like I told you previously in another post..you have one beautiful scoot!.....about being different then the Custom...somewhat they are..the handlebars are....the custom comes with a drag star handle bar so basically the handlebars are mounted on phattriser...but the ones the Custom use to bring them higher and closer, are like tool socket, like David said before.

Thank you for the pics!...I really appreciate the trouble you went through.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Putting on most of these after-market accessories is really easy, Tely. For the risers, the only thing I needed help with is I had my husband hold the bars for me for a few minutes because I was having trouble holding them in place and tightening the bolts on the risers at the same time. And I had to get his help putting the highways bars on (I tried myself first but just couldn't get the holes to line up). We had to put the bike on the jack and lift it off the floor to finally get them on; that one was tough. But other things--like ISO grips, windshields, backrests, sissy bars, luggage racks, saddle bags, highway pegs--are really easy to do. It's sort of like cooking. You just follow the directions. :)

Now, I could never do the kind of stuff Tina does. I wouldn't know where to begin tearing an engine apart. But this sort of thing is easy. You can do it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts