Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the V&H Baggers on board, there is now a "gap" under the frame where the catalytic converter WAS. I'm just curious if anyone has filled in that space with anything useful, like a tool pouch or ???

Thanks,
Daryl (2006 Nomad)

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
I've seen tool pouches there and some will move the rectifier under there as well. The problem with moving the rectifier is that now you've completely opened things up underneath. I was concerned about the "gap" on my bike when the Cobras went on but after a while you don't notice it so much.. IMO...

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, J in Jax...

I don't really notice it that much either, but while looking over the bike yesterday it occured to me that unused space might/could be used for ???

Oh, and thanks to your Jag's for ending my Steeler's season! You guys deserved the win though. We didn't wake up 'til the middle of the 3rd quarter. You guys just seem to have our number lately. Good luck against 'Ningland.

Anybody else do something with that empty space where the goat belly was?

Thanks,
Daryl8)

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Honestly I'm not a Jags fan, but my Chargers managed to pull it out of their ___ last night.... And yes, I do hope that the Jags kick ninglands butt...

I'd try out the tool bag, run down to the local shop have one of the guys hold it up there from the other side and stand back and look, take your time and make sure his arm gets really tired before you make up your mind...

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
I'd just look at it as a place where there isn't any weight.

·
08 Victory/12 Victory CCT
1,315 Posts
I have not seen anyone do anything with that space under the bike. Like someone here said I dont even notice it after awhile.

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
I put the rectifier back......didn't care for the gap. Especially as I had the chrome cover on it. On Gadget's site I believe he has plans for a toolpouch and a how-to-do.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
That open space is a "feature" of the 1600 Classic :biggrin:

Options? Gap Storage Idea

1 - 9 of 9 Posts