1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before

After

[

I got 16" kongs with galfer cables went with + 10 in retrospect I would have gone with +9 for the clutch and I have ordered a +12 for the front brake to replace the top section of the +10. The 10 fits but it doesn't flow the way the others do.

Now onto the next project which is floor boards thanks to green dragon I am working on the direct bolt ons from the 06 nomad.

Then ill be comfortable and I can work on passenger comfort since my wife is nagging me to ride.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have some La Chopper risers but the top caps were to thick so I changed risers and now I can see everything the risers are only 1 1/4 " tall and the top cap is half as tall on the new risers.

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
Before
I got 16" kongs with galfer cables went with + 10 in retrospect I would have gone with +9 for the clutch and I have ordered a +12 for the front brake to replace the top section of the +10. The 10 fits but it doesn't flow the way the others do.

Now onto the next project which is floor boards thanks to green dragon I am working on the direct bolt ons from the 06 nomad.

Then ill be comfortable and I can work on passenger comfort since my wife is nagging me to ride.
Nice!

I'm in the middle of my Monkey Streak project (16" Kongs, LA C. Risers Mohawk, Xoprodox Chrome Gunner Spike XL grips), but for the moment I'm waiting for my new stainless steel cables which had a shipment time for 2 weeks.. :cry:

The progress so far...

Can you see the speedo at all now, or are you going to have to relocate that stuff?
Mine isn't finished yet of course, but when I tested out the position of the bars I had no problem w.s.e. to see the speedo and the tacho (is that a word?).

·
Registered
176 Posts
sweet, whats the cheapest route for cables, im gonna use harley davidson 1" bars at a 16-18" height with some vn900D risers i got from ebay. im just on a tight budget for my bike

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
dragon, what kind of air cleaner setup do you have?
Looks like a Thunder Mfg. Tornado to me. I had one on my old Meanie, it looked awesome, sucked a ton of air, and didn't get in the way like some others seem to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trike is correct it is a tornado.

Well its been a week and here is a review of the change.

First it is nice to be able to use the backrest that is built into my mustang seat. wear as before I was leaning to far forward to reach it.

Second while I am still getting used to the feeling of it being heavier it turns easier from a stop. And is very easy to steer at higher speeds.

I have yet to feel the inherent wobble that everyone says comes with apes at hi-way speeds.

I no longer get the tingling in my hands but my arms get a little tired from holding them up even with my shoulders.

All and all I am very happy and like having the apes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts