Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Cherokee so I'll be there! lol
really??? isn't your boyfriend the one who has the katana? and wasn't there a pic of you and him on the katana with him scraping his knee and you texting while on the back? I was just in awe!! does he have a 600 or 750 katana?

we usually go up to the spring and fall rallies each year.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yep that was us. He had the 600 but he sold it to a friend. He now has a gsxr 750 & currently looking for another 2-up bike so we can ride together. I'm still trying to get the feeling again of being on my 250 & at the pace I'm going it'll be years before I can keep up w/him while riding mine. lol
Sweet maybe we'll run into each other.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep that was us. He had the 600 but he sold it to a friend. He now has a gsxr 750 & currently looking for another 2-up bike so we can ride together. I'm still trying to get the feeling again of being on my 250 & at the pace I'm going it'll be years before I can keep up w/him while riding mine. lol
Sweet maybe we'll run into each other.
I'm sure you will get there! I have a 750 katana and i crashed it on the dragon last year. Just now got it repainted. I'm thinking about doing some work on my ninja 500 since TJ is not riding it now. I think i can handle it better on the curves, but i will just have to wait and see how i feel when i get back to riding again... it's been so long i may not even remember how!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ooooo how'd it happen? How bad was it? He crashed his on the Dragon as well in 06. Good thing about the Katana is that it's rock solid. All of his was cosmetic I believe & it went 40 feet down the bank.
I haven't done the Dragon yet on my own. He won't let me until I get better! lol But I'm not in a rush to do it either! Yea I just need more practice. That's why I cant wait for it to get warmer. :)

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooooo how'd it happen? How bad was it? He crashed his on the Dragon as well in 06. Good thing about the Katana is that it's rock solid. All of his was cosmetic I believe & it went 40 feet down the bank.
I haven't done the Dragon yet on my own. He won't let me until I get better! lol But I'm not in a rush to do it either! Yea I just need more practice. That's why I cant wait for it to get warmer. :)
It was my first time on the dragaon and only had the katana for a couple of weeks, went too wide on a curve...realized i was not going to make it and just sorta laid it down and slid into the ditch. when i got up i thought the bike was going to be completely messed up on that side but it was just all scraped...only the turn signal was smashed. I need lots more practice also!
Maybe we'll run into each other sometime this year!!:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow that seems to be pretty common, that's what happened on my wreck but I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway. So that didn't seem as bad as it could have been so in some ways you lucked out! At least you didn't go off the mountain!
Hope so! :)

·
It's purple, ma'am
2,016 Posts
Will be attending Run with the Wolf Rally of the Concours Owners Group in Suches, GA that weekend. How about meeting up for lunch in Robbinsville, NC at the store/restaurant located at the start of the Tail of the Dragon on Friday or Sunday?

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
Might just have to see if we can make that. It's only a couple hours to cherokee on the parkway from my house. We were planning on riding over there one saturday anyway. Might bring a couple of friends too. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will be attending Run with the Wolf Rally of the Concours Owners Group in Suches, GA that weekend. How about meeting up for lunch in Robbinsville, NC at the store/restaurant located at the start of the Tail of the Dragon on Friday or Sunday?
That sounds like a great ride...but unfortunately i don't have a concourse..:(
Lunch in Robbinsville on Friday would probably work...that's usually the day we ride in that area.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK We would like to hit up the Maggie Valley event, but from the websites it looks like a Harley event. Anyone ever been to this event??
Yes, we go every year. The maggie valley rally is small as far as the actual rally site and there are a lot of harleys, but i wouldn't say it's a harley event. but then i don't really pay attention to things like that. I mean i usually wear all harley gear on my kawi or katana just because that is what i have...lol.
We don't spend much time at the rallies actually, some years we have not even went to the rally sites...we spend most of the time riding in the area and meeting up with friends.

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
Sounds like me. We live right off the parkway so riding all the way to Cherokee is just a day ride for us. If anyone wants to meet up that weekend, we would love to have a ride in the area. We might stop by the Maggie Valley event and see if we can make the tour ride with them. I think it starts at 10AM.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
:shock: :shock:
Not just no, but h$ll no?? what's up with that??
I tend to shy away from the crowded places, especially places where lots o' turns and HDs are involved. The two combined are not conducive to a pleasurable riding experience for me.

And with all the "rallies", "swap meets", "bike weeks", whatever you want to call them, that i've been to I've:

- never bought anything, not even a tshirt, b/c it's mostly crap, and
- been discouraged by the large number of drinkers around me on bikes.

No thanks, you can have it.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tend to shy away from the crowded places, especially places where lots o' turns and HDs are involved. The two combined are not conducive to a pleasurable riding experience for me.

And with all the "rallies", "swap meets", "bike weeks", whatever you want to call them, that i've been to I've:

- never bought anything, not even a tshirt, b/c it's mostly crap, and
- been discouraged by the large number of drinkers around me on bikes.

No thanks, you can have it.

Ok, i'll bring you back a crappy t-shirt then!! :shock: :tongue: :tongue:

(roflmao! jusssttt messing with, sweet pea!!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.