Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
dude i freakin love mine it is a 96 250 and i have had it for years with no major problems other than doing the top end (which is needed on all 2 strokes) but it handles awesome.
the suspension is a ten,(for its time) and i only changed the color to all green with a gripper seat., on a side note i have tried several pipes and the fmf gnarly works best all around.
i smoke 4 strokes with it and it eats yz's for lunch as well as a couple cr's. these are the fastest years of the 250's (95-97) then they got detuned. if you get the suspension set up to your weight you will be one happy camper. any other questions let me know i have been thru this bike top to bottom inside and out.

long live 2-strokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beautiful Bike. I have one, but cant seem to figure out why it wants to sputter when in throttle it a little when i start it up. Also where the header and silencer connect in the middle : How do i get the oil to stop coming from the "seal" on the outside?

·
Registered
11 Posts
the "spooge"(technical term) is from rich jetting and not heating the expansion chamber enough to burn it off. i would drop the needle one clip position and turn your air screw in a 1/4 turn. but depending on how much build up is in there it could take a while and smoke alot. your best bet is to do the carb changes above, then remove the expansion chamber and flush it with diesel or solvent. put in about 4 cups worth and shake the **** out of it until your arms are rubbery. then flush one more time to make sure. now it should be spooge free for a while. build up is inevitable but not uncontrollable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
this spooge.... is that the sputter solution or is the flushing the sputter solution.... i am assuming that the flush is the sputter solution.....

on the smoking 4-strokes..... of course.... the '96 kawasaki was their fastest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts