Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about racing at the Springfield Arenacross event this weekend in Springfield. I have never raced motocross and am looking to race in the Amature beginner class 125 (I have a KX 2stroke). I am a decent rider and can handle an areanacross style track, I am looking for some pointers or some friendly advice. I know also that in the beginner class they dont let you jump the big double or catapult which is fine with me.

Thanks and I look forward to some input.

KXjeff10

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not aloud to do doubles ??? I have been on tight indoor tracks on my 500.....pick the right gearing and think Timing...... its all about timing and being in the right gear.....thats all I can give you for advice, the big Kawi when in the wrong gear or geared incorrectly will spin up losing speed.....I have never cased a double yet (knock on wood) I also found that you have to be comitted to a jump or double... If you jam out at the very last minute usually means a crash..... hang out and watch the newbies who have learned to time and jump, then you will know what to expect.... don't try to copy the big boys or you will be in trouble the first few times.....those bastids make it look tooooo easy ...... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Try to get the best start you can. C class riders are kind of like Kamikazes. They ride way over thier head. If you have a good start and stay on two wheels you will do fine. There may be riders that are faster and jump further but most of them make a lot of mistakes and loose positions. Keep you head up and ride smart and to your ability and will do fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts