Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know I have asked before but I am seriously banging my head against a wall here! Have an 07 1600 Classic and am having a hard time finding parts locally and not sure which ones fit from online stores. Please Help! I am wanting a tubular solo rack, and lay down license plate for starters. These two things have been the hardest for me to find ones that will fit. The only solo rack I can find is the flat stock one but am not crazy about it. I have the pillion removed and hate the look of those black bolts staring at me. Please help a brother out before my head makes a big ole hole in my garage wall!!!!:mrgreen:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I don't believe anyone makes a tubular solo rack for the 1600 anymore.
There was ONE at one time.

Take some measurements of the triangle formed by the bolt holes and see if something for a Yamaha might work... that's how it was done on a lot of 1500 Nomads.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Motherwell Solo Rack 1600 Classic

Motherwell Products made the fender rack I have...I heard that it is discontinued now, but there still might be some inventory available from one of the various aftermarket parts vendors...You might call Motherwells and ask who they distributed to, then call around. As Rich stated, some Yamaha racks had a similar bolt pattern that were easily modified to fit earlier Vulcans...good luck!

VulClass16

·
Patriot Guard Rider
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey all,
Appreciate the info. I had actually called Motherwells but didn't think to ask about who the distributed to. Will try that for overstock somewhere. Rich, by chance you wouldn't remember a part number to those Yami racks would you? I know if you were asking me to remember I'd have a hard time......what...where am I and why am I typing!:mrgreen:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Gadget referenced it, but it was for the 1500, which was different from the 1600.
Fender Rack
Royal Star rack #STR-4NK51-20-00... $90 retail, $50 eBay.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man O Fire....

There is a tubular solo rack from Highway Hawk on phatperformance's site. I don't have any personal experience with the fit or quality of that brand. I have the Motherwell solo rack and the quality is good, but not excellent.
Highway Hawk Solo Rack - Vulcan 1600 Classic .....Our Price: $89.95
HH-664-0161 - Highway Hawk Solo Rack - Vulcan 1600 Classic

I have a Harley lay down license mount that I widened the bottom 2 holes to fit the 1600 fender. I ignored the 3rd hole since the bottom 2 are more than strong enough. I paid around $23 including shipping off ebay. To see an example of a similar one on ebay, search on item 310015378946.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Rule #1
Any universal fit item will universally fit every bike but yours!

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
And a case of beer for the 15 min job that take 6 hours

·
08 Victory/12 Victory CCT
1,315 Posts
Hey just make your own laydown plate. It takes about $4.00 and a little time. IM and me and i will help you make your own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts