Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Az Riders!!!!

I would like to ride to Payson for the November AZ group ride, but I have not been there or know how to get there, sooooo......I am looking for someone to be the "leader" on this ride.

Could you please PM or email me with the specifics before I post meeting spot and time.

Need to know:
Distance (mileage and time it gets there)
Central meeting spot
Place to eat brunch
Any other information

Thanks!!!
Kelly aka NinjaGirl :wink:

·
Registered
741 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
Hi Az Riders!!!!

I would like to ride to Payson for the November AZ group ride, but I have not been there or know how to get there, sooooo......I am looking for someone to be the "leader" on this ride.

Could you please PM or email me with the specifics before I post meeting spot and time.

Need to know:
Distance (mileage and time it gets there)
Central meeting spot
Place to eat brunch
Any other information

Thanks!!!
Kelly aka NinjaGirl :wink:
The mileage is about 65 to 80 miles depending on where one starts from. SE riders can start at the junction of Hwy 87 (the Beeline Hwy) and E. Mc Dowell Rd. Northern or NW riders could take Shea Blvd from Scottsdale Rd to the Beeline Hwy. Many people, bikers as well as cars, rendezvou at the Beeline and Shea Blvd which dead ends at the Beeline and from there it is a straight shot to Payson, about 65 miles as I recall. As for restaurants, there are many along the main road (87). I haven't been to Payson for a few years so I can't suggest anything .
The elev. in Payson is 5000', the same as Prescott so bear that in mind for riding gear. I believe the majority of the Beeline is divided hwy and patrolled fairly well by DPS.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I will pull up the rear as long as NG is right in front of me! :p :wink:
I am in.
Want to stop at Tempe Diablo Stadium afterwards. Big sale event.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Gang..... week 1/2 away.....do you think it will be to cold?
Any other suggestions or is Payson ok?
Any other riders going to join.....looks like only 3 of us right now. :(

·
Registered
741 Posts
The extended forcast for Payson which is for 11/12 is for 60/36 and sunny. I'd guess the next day would be similar. The lows for Payson may be a little on the high side since it has been in the low 20's in the Verde Valley the past several mornings, I'd think the Payson low would be at least that low at 5000' compared to 3200' in the Verde. Those lows are just before daybreak tho, so by the time you all get near to Payson, it will be much warmer, in the 50's

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hot_shoe_cv said:
The extended forcast for Payson which is for 11/12 is for 60/36 and sunny. I'd guess the next day would be similar. The lows for Payson may be a little on the high side since it has been in the low 20's in the Verde Valley the past several mornings, I'd think the Payson low would be at least that low at 5000' compared to 3200' in the Verde. Those lows are just before daybreak tho, so by the time you all get near to Payson, it will be much warmer, in the 50's
Thanks!! 8)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok AZ Riders....Need a head count by Thursday.

So far its only myself, gatorgunner and Ken7022.....so with not so great weather, this may be called off or move the ride down South......

·
Registered
741 Posts
The forecast for Payson on Sat is 52/29 and cloudy. Rain seems to be taken out of the forecast

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gatorgunner said:
YAY!!!!! i should be able to get that day off. Count me in unless i say otherwise! Oh it'll be so nice to go on a group ride. 8)
Thank you Gatorgunner for suggesting a ride down in the Tucson area.
Ken7022 and Myself will be trailing the bikes down, then on a 80-100+ ride and have lunch.

If anyone from the Phoenix area wants to join up w/us in Tucson, PM myself or Gatorgunner for more details on the meeting place.

Kelly aka NinjaGirl

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NinjaGirl said:
Gatorgunner said:
YAY!!!!! i should be able to get that day off. Count me in unless i say otherwise! Oh it'll be so nice to go on a group ride. 8)
Thank you Gatorgunner for suggesting a ride down in the Tucson area.
Ken7022 and Myself will be trailing the bikes down, then on a 80-100+ ride and have lunch.

If anyone from the Phoenix area wants to join up w/us in Tucson, PM myself or Gatorgunner for more details on the meeting place.

Kelly aka NinjaGirl
Did'nt make it after all....my back is in pain today and the weather sucks.
Oh well, next time......

·
Registered
35 Posts
It was gonna be a nice ride too. Oh well, you two will still have to come down for it in the future, its really nice. As a side note, my friend backed out on me at the last minute, and my work called and wanted me in early as well, so i ended up not going :( NEXT TIME!!!!! hmmmmm, im off on sunday. . . . i wonder if any of the riders i know here in town are doing anything?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts