Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone, here is the scoop:
Prescott/Bagdad Ride

Phoenix/Tucson Riders meet at Carefree Hwy & I-17 (Chevron NE Corner) 9:15, depart at 9:30am, arrive Prescott around 10-1015am, meet the riders from Flagstaff (northern AZ) at Juniper Cafe for brunch (www.northaz.com/juniperhouse).

Then head over to Bagdad - never been there, but understand its a nice "twisty" road, run laps.

PM or email me if you have any questions or would like my contact information.

See you all there!!

Kelly

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well so far, as of yesterday September 20, I only have 1 that is going and 3-4 that are not....
If you could PM/email or respond to this post and let me know if you are/or are not going, I would greatly appreciate it, so I have an idea of how many to expect.
Thanks everyone!!! Hope to see you all there!! :D :D

Kelly

·
Registered
117 Posts
If I had a bike I'd be there.. Thought about renting one... But this weekend is also my Algodones run for meds... :(

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wow that's pretty north... I'll try my best to get there by 9:15. I have to leave from work at 8 though. Although I might have plenty of time I've just never ridden that far since I moved here :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
weather forecast for Prescott & Bagdad

Sat forecast for Prescott is low about 50 and hi in the 80's with some clouds. Bagdad about the same. It was 39 here in the Verde Valley this morning so those lows may be a little off. Warm clothes might be good for the 1st leg to Prescott.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: weather forecast for Prescott & Bagdad

hot_shoe_cv said:
Sat forecast for Prescott is low about 50 and hi in the 80's with some clouds. Bagdad about the same. It was 39 here in the Verde Valley this morning so those lows may be a little off. Warm clothes might be good for the 1st leg to Prescott.
Does this mean your going?
Thanks for the weather forcast....good idea to layer!! :wink:

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have eye surgery down in PHx tomorrow so probably not going to make it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Aikata said:
Wow that's pretty north... I'll try my best to get there by 9:15. I have to leave from work at 8 though. Although I might have plenty of time I've just never ridden that far since I moved here :)
You wanna meet somewhere over on this side of town after you get off work and ride over and meet Kelly together? PM me with where you work and I'll suggest a place to meet. I'm pretty far south, so I can just meet ya around one of the freeways and we can head up from there.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
01zx7r said:
Aikata said:
You wanna meet somewhere over on this side of town after you get off work and ride over and meet Kelly together? PM me with where you work and I'll suggest a place to meet. I'm pretty far south, so I can just meet ya around one of the freeways and we can head up from there.
The reason for the northern ride, is Rednek426 is meeting us from Flagstaff in Prescott, and its a good ride there. I think if we leave around 930-940 we should still be there around 1030ish....you know its going to be a small group so a few minutes late I dont think is going to be a big deal.

I will post one more confirmation on the Friday evening.

See you then, and dress a little warm, it might be a little chilly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
NinjaGirl: Hey no worries on the distance I'm just mildly concerned about time and distances that I haven't covered before. :) It's possible I'll be a few minutes late, or a few minutes early... we'll see how it goes.

01zx7r: PM'd

·
Registered
128 Posts
pretty sure she's not coming... i think she's got plans. >.<

hey, even if it is only 3 people, it'll be fun. it's nice to meet the people irl who you've met online. besides, it gives me an excuse to wash up the bike, and go farther out of town than i have before on the bike.

from my driveway, sticking to major highways, prescott is 100 miles away, and i'm planning on taking highway 89 through sedona all the way down. on i-17, it takes 1:15 hours to get there, and on 89, 1:45. it'll be great ^.^

NinjaGirl said:
rednek426 said:
i'm in! i'm in! i'll probably be the least experienced person, but i'm in!
Cool!! Is your sister going too?
Cause right now, I only have 3 including myself.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You may rather take the 169 cutoff from I17 to Dewey and then N. on 169 thru Prescott Valley to Prescott. Not sure how you'll get to Prescott via Sedona.
Ninja girl, disregard the last sentence above. I thought that was your post about taking Sedona to Prescott.
*******, you could take the route I suggested to Ninja girl also via I 17 to HW. 169 over to Dewey on #69. There is a big turnout on 169 just after leaving I-17..great place to hook up with the ones from the Valley.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is who I have so far:

Phoenix:
NinjaGirl...possibly 2 friends (Honda and Kawi)
Aikata
01ZX7R

Flagstaff:
Rednek426

Am I missing anyone? If so post here.
Final post tomorrow night.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is the latest Freeway Forcast!!

The Arizona Department of Transportation will close southbound I-17 this weekend between the Loop 101 and Peoria Avenue from 9 p.m. tonight until to 5 a.m. Monday morning for rubberized asphalt paving. Northbound I-17 will be narrowed to two lanes between Dunlap and the Loop 101 from 8 p.m. tonight until 8 p.m. Sunday for the rubberized application. Westbound Loop 202 will also be closed between Van Buren and 40th Street from 9 p.m. tonight to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge deck joint replacement work.<

Total headcount as of today....
3 - Phoenix
1 - Flaggstaff

You all still want to go right?
Call me to confirm please......Rednek....check your PM!!

Kelly

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hm... down to two lanes doesn't sound too bad.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Bagdad Today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at: 6:53 pm MST F° | C°

Currently:
68°

Fair High: 89° {
Low: 60°

· Text Forecast
· Records & Averages

5 Day Forecast

Today Tomorrow Sun Mon Tue 6-10 Day

Clear

High: 89° [Sat}
Low: 60°

Looks like the forecast has warmed up a bi since the last one but Prescott will be a litle cooler at 5000' and an earlier arrival.
Wish I was going..had my eye surgery yesterday and couldn't get a helmet on for a few days. Anyway, You need both eyes for the twistys.
Have a blast and don't try to straighten out any of the twistys :roll:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts