Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any must ride roads in the Eureka Springs, AR area or in the Branson. MO area? I already have the Pig Trail (AR-23) on the list. So many great roads but will only have a few days to enjoy them so want to ride the best ones. Here is our plan from NJ. If anyone wants to join us for a day ride or just to stop by to say hi, feel free.

Sat 9/2 Wawa, Rt 9S, Woodbridge, NJ to Pickerington, OH 510 miles/ 7 hours 30 minutes

Sun 9/3 Pickering, OH to Effingham, IL 330 miles/5 hours

Mon 9/4 Effingham, IL to Eureka Springs, AR 400 miles/6 hours

Tue 9/5 Loop ride

Wed 9/6 Loop ride

Thu 9/7 Eureka Springs, AR to Branson, MO. Scenic route TBD. Direct route 50 miles.

Fri 9/8 Loop ride

Sat 9/9 Branson, MO to Terre Haute, IN 420 miles/6 hours

Sun 9/10 Terre Haute, IN to Washington, PA 412 miles/6 hours

Mon 9/11 Washington, PA to Woodbridge, NJ 370 miles/ 5 hours 30 minutes

·
Super Moderator
10,633 Posts
Sorry Debs, can't help you much, never been there. But you've always done pretty well randomly picking routes from the gps software. Flip a coin, go thataways -->!! Then go thataways <--!

Here's a thread from last year, maybe it'll help, I dunno.

Have fun down there!!

·
Actually, EX-CarGuy
596 Posts
My club spent several days in ES last year. EVERY road is a good road. I don't believe we found anything disapointing. Once you get there you'll see!

·
Nobody Home
1,768 Posts
I've been down to Ft Smith, Ar from SE Wi and the one suggestion I have is to avoid St Louis. Staying 50+ miles away from St Louis is about right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are getting pretty close to leaving but if can get your hands on a Butler Map of the Ozarks it has all the good Rides Mapped out and Highlighted .. Is worth it's weight in Gold ..

·
Super Moderator
10,633 Posts
Gets pretty nerve wracking eh Debs? Ken the HD Guy and I are off to Bridgeport, WV soon. Way up in the northern part of the state. Rob from NJ will be meeting us there. The big plan? None of the 3 of us has ever ridden in Ohio so we'll ride over, along some rivers and through the hills, have lunch and ride back. About 280 mile ride, should be nice. After that, who knows!

It's all I've been thinking about lately, hittin' the road. Also started planning a late October NC Outer Banks seafood RTE in my head.

Yoose guys be careful out there. I've had to engage my ABS twice this week just commuting to work.

Last thing-- did you hear? I hit the Big One on July 16th. See pic..... [/hijack]

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts