Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone knows not to Armor All your tires but we still do it because thats what we do.About 17 years ago I decided to go a step further and wipe my seat down real good.You could have seen the reflection from that seat from a 747.I rode up to the main street a couple of blocks away to the stoplight and decided to show some punks in souped up car who THIS street belonged to.The light turned green and tires were smokin and engines were roaring.Before my brain could catch up to my eyes my 85 900 Ninja had rocketed across the intersection but I couldnt understand why I was still standing up at the light without it.Ever notice how the lightest of bikes gain a couple of hundred pounds while youre pushing them home.Add another 50 for extreme embarrassment.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
LOL Know the felling Suzy. Company I worked for yrs ago had some guys come in to detail our trucks. Fools Armour Alled our stearing wheels. Ya can be sure that was the last time they came to our place. Not fun steering an 18 wheeler fast with and armour all coated steering wheel. LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did the same thing to a seat on one of my bikes. Spent most of the day re adjusting. Thought I was going to get a blister on my @ss. No more Armor All for me.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Everyone knows not to Armor All your tires but we still do it because thats what we do.About 17 years ago I decided to go a step further and wipe my seat down real good.You could have seen the reflection from that seat from a 747.I rode up to the main street a couple of blocks away to the stoplight and decided to show some punks in souped up car who THIS street belonged to.The light turned green and tires were smokin and engines were roaring.Before my brain could catch up to my eyes my 85 900 Ninja had rocketed across the intersection but I couldnt understand why I was still standing up at the light without it.Ever notice how the lightest of bikes gain a couple of hundred pounds while youre pushing them home.Add another 50 for extreme embarrassment.
That was too funny!!!!I could just picture that in my mind LOL Glad I wasn't drinking any pop at the time :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
OMG LOL LOL LOL. I'm sry to laugh, but you obviously have a good sense of humor about it now in retrospect. That is funny stuff!

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Armor all on the seat....hmmmmm

First panic stop on the 14 and I'd be flyin to the moon to say the least

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a couple of others: 1) Try not to sneeze with your visor down.
2) No matter how cool it looked back in the 60's
watching Batman tv show, never open up an
umbrella at any speed! Thats what the Darwin
awards are for. A honda 90cc ago on a dirt
road during the days of iodine and mercurochome.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Funny stuff here! My buds wife armoralled his bike seat a few years back. Man was he PO'ed! She hasn't tried that again.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Funny stuff here! My buds wife armoralled his bike seat a few years back. Man was he PO'ed! She hasn't tried that again.
I made that mistake only one time. I've never put any on the tires, but I was trying to get the seat of my old Guzzi looking good, and armoralled it really good. It looked great! I went out for a ride and it was a good thing the old Goose had a big fat gas tank with indentions for your knees because the first time I had to stop, I had to clamp my knees to the tank and hold on for dear life. I almost slid right over the handle bars:eek: I've never made that mistake again.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I Armoralled my Grizzly seat, when I had it because the seat was a little sun cooked. I took it for a ride, sat down and punched it, to attempt a wheelie and fell off the back. According to others, this was quite hysterical.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hahaha. Oh man, I'm embarassed for some of you. Makes for a good laugh and lesson, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts