Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use armorall or a similar solution of the sidewalls of their tires? I have considered it but am not sure if I want to. A friend says he uses it all time. I'd be a bit hessitant with putting oily type solutions on the sidewalls in fear it might find its way to the tread area and make them slippery on steep turns.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use the armorall foam stuff on my side walls. It's pretty controlled and honestly I havn't noticed any kind of slippage. It really makes the rubber stand out.

·
Registered
605 Posts
take some eagleone tireshine or any tire shine and spray it onto a rag, then apply it that way, this way nothing hits the tread and you have no slippage, I do it all the time, just wait 5 minutes before riding to allow full drying

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I applied it before I made the post. I did spray onto a shop rag for the application and waited overnight. Rode today and had no concerns, my intent with this post was to easy my worries.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
As long as you are using the armoral or similar on the sidewall and making sure you aren't getting any on the tread then you should be alright.

but I have those 60 profile tires that don't have enough profile to even mess with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts