Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recommend/use armored pants?
Whenever I ride, I have a joe rocket jacket on, my full face helmet, and my armored gloves... But I don't have anything protecting my legs/knees... and I don't see armored pants... or any type of riding pants advertised for motorcycles.... at least not nearly as much as gloves, jackets and helmets.

What sort of riding pants would you recommend?

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
There's plenty out there. motorcyclesuperstore.com, kneedraggers.com, cyclegear.com...just to name a few big online retailers who carry a large selection.

I have a pair of Tourmaster Caliber pants that are very nice in the cold months (too hot when temps rise above about 60F). Have yet to get anything for warm weather.

·
Retired High Miler
1,209 Posts
I wear armored jeans, an obscure brand no longer made. People have occasionaly said I am a perfect azz and I want to keep it that way. lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
An dont forget the Icon, Fieldsheer, and other brands of under/over pants protection. A* has the Reflex, Icon has the best reviews on their Field Armor, Fieldsheer has some out, don't remember their name.

Why?

Any pants that I have worn would rotate under a crash situation unless they were skin tight, like leathers.

I don't wear skin tight stuff. So this winter I am investing in some armor that I can wear under the jeans for longer period rides or over for the quick shot to work. I think I will like a 3rd strap around the knee on mine, and I am leaning towards the Icon gear.

Bohn also makes some great stuff, but not as easily removable.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've got two pair of Draggin jeans with Kevlar and one pair of Cortech with leather in the seat and knees and pads for the knees that I don't use. Any of those will work as long as you wear something.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
When I got my bike 3 years ago I got 1000 denier custom fitted cordura with armor pants and jacket from Kevlar Motorcycle Apparel - the Best in the World

They also have Kevlar. Their gear is very popular with the AV riders. They will replace a crashed jacket or pants if they can't repair it for free....don't think you will find anybody else making that claim. As I said they do custom fitting so never a complaint as to the quality of their stuff.

Also check out their save your hide guide as to what to expect with various types/quality of mc gear.

Save Your Hide Article

·
Registered
12 Posts
I, too, have Tourmaster Caliber as well as Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0's. Both are very nice to use and have similar features. Before I go on, I would recommend either.

The Calibers require a bit more effort to put on and they tend to have a "rubber pants/spandex" feel about them in very warm weather.

The Joe Rockets are very easy to live with and I love them, but wish they had much more hip padding. I always wear additional EVS knee/shin guards which attach to my legs underneath. Hitting deer 3 times in about 20 years has made me a cautious man!

·
2 owners high mileage
156 Posts
hey dude, what's wrong with leathers? just cover your your butt with cowhide, like a second skin and tough, KEVELAR j**sus that's for the war zones.....+ leather turns the girls on too !! .

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,875 Posts
hey dude, what's wrong with leathers? just cover your your butt with cowhide, like a second skin and tough, KEVELAR j**sus that's for the war zones.....+ leather turns the girls on too !! .
Not everyone is a leather person. Some of us simply don't like the look of it, the weight of it, or even the smell of it. What's wrong with trying to find something other than leather for protection :mad:?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts