Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Wonder what kind of drug he was on....Ouch...

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
I always wonder how someone can really do that on a motorcycle. At least in a car, you have two pedals next to each other that can make it easy to hit the wrong one.

On a bike, though, the throttle and brake controls are completely different and operate nothing like each other. Unless the throttle sticks, I'm not sure how you could missile yourself into a gate like that where it's obvious you'll be stopping when you get there. Certainly, target fixation can cause you to swing wide into an object, but to accelerate straight into something just doesn't seem possible. I'd almost understand it if he dumped the clutch while waiting for the gate to open and ended up hitting it that way.

I can totally see downshifting instead of upshifting or grabbing the clutch instead of the brake or even locking up the brakes, but I guess I just am not sure why he did what he did.

Maybe he thought he could jump it with enough speed....

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
People tend to "roll the throttle on" when they start to fall off a bike. Looks like that may be what happened. I can't understand why he wants to pick up speed and then aims for the brick tower instead of the slats in the "gate".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saw this back on irishbikerforum.com a week or so ago and I still can't comprehend how he manages to do this!

Watch his legs, does he think they'll act as stablizers or what?! Use the rear brake man!!!!

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
If you look closely, you can see as he passes the flatbed he's trying to pop a small wheelie.
He was obviously so focused on that activity, that he didn't realize he was running out of real estate until it was too late.

I love the shoe flying up in the air, kinda reminds me of kung fu hustle.

·
status? don't need it.
614 Posts
If you look closely, you can see as he passes the flatbed he's trying to pop a small wheelie.
He was obviously so focused on that activity, that he didn't realize he was running out of real estate until it was too late.

I love the shoe flying up in the air, kinda reminds me of kung fu hustle.
yep. cause at 7 secs and effect at 10.

scooter's aren't dangerous, if ridden by smart people. examples - YouTube - Scooter Crash MIX

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
haha what a retard.

i can't believe he managed to hit the concrete post instead of the nice soft wooden fence :lol:

·
Little AL
271 Posts
I't kinda like the movie Hotrod with the kid on the moped. I don't have sound on my computer at work, was there a cheezy Europe soundtrack playing along during the video clip?:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The best bit for me is that as soon as he lands, the first thing he does is retrieve his shoe.

Though I think that FailBlog.org deserves a double "video clip naming" fail for "scooter driver".

1 - 20 of 39 Posts