Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else feel like they have to start getting dressed half an hour before everyone heads to the bikes? That or you last off the line and playing catch up?

::smile:

Never even thought about this aspect of riding....when I am going through...jacket, ear plugs, helmet, gloves, sunglasses...everyone else pulling out and I still haven't started the bike...:shock:

'Nuther thought...funny how all geared up in motorcycle land is NOT the same as all geared up in the gym.

·
VN900
208 Posts
Nah! I only ride with a few people at a time (5-6) and we're all about ATGATT but I'm the only one on a cruiser, the others are on sportbikes. I generally have my jacket on, start the bike, put on my FF (no plugs needed) and try to squeeze my glasses in, which I have to wear, stradle the bike , gloves on and scoot! If you ride with a good group, there's no worries and believe me, they can leave me in the dust at any time if they want and sometimes do! Good thing I have a GPS!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Of the few large group rides we've participated in, we always try to be geared up and ready to head out at the front of the pack. Our pace tends to be a tad "quicker" than a lot of the other riders who attend the group rides we've joined......so I like to be ready before everyone elase and get out with the guys at the front.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
if we're on a dinner ride or something, i'll head out a few minutes before everyone else and gear up so they don't have to wait for me. everyone in our groups wears jackets gloves and helmets but i'm the only one who wears overpants and they take a minute to get on sometimes.

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
I know exactly what you mean!! Happens to me all the time in group rides. That's one reason I rarely do group rides anymore. I always felt like I was playing catch-up.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
Good question. That was a bad description on my part. They are flip flops. They really keep my feet cool in the summer.

on a serious note, I haven't ran into too much trouble gearing up. Most of the people I ride with gear up anyway. I always wear a helmet, boots, jeans and gloves. I do often wear a jacket but not all the time. I am going to look into a draggin shirt for the warm weather. I know it doesn't have any padding but it's better than the t-shirts I wear sometimes in the summer.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Good question. That was a bad description on my part. They are flip flops. They really keep my feet cool in the summer.

on a serious note, I haven't ran into too much trouble gearing up. Most of the people I ride with gear up anyway. I always wear a helmet, boots, jeans and gloves. I do often wear a jacket but not all the time. I am going to look into a draggin shirt for the warm weather. I know it doesn't have any padding but it's better than the t-shirts I wear sometimes in the summer.
I have the dragging shirt. It's actually hotter to wear than my mesh jacket, because it's more form fitting and the holes are very close together. It is a nice shirt though and safer than just a t-shirt.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
I have the dragging shirt. It's actually hotter to wear than my mesh jacket, because it's more form fitting and the holes are very close together. It is a nice shirt though and safer than just a t-shirt.
I don't like to hear it is warm to the wear.:frown: That defeats the purpose. It sure is expensive. I don't think I saw it for less than 110.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.