Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an '82 KZ750H, which has the auto turn signal controller, which cuts the turn signals off automatically once the bike rolls about 60 meters with the turn signals on. Doesn't work-never has. What is the most common cause of failure? I'm guessing the sensor in the speedo is the problem, but I suppose the controller could be bad as well.

Actually, I always cut the turn signals off myself, so is there any legal reason (I live in CA) that I can't just remove this system?

Related is the turn signal switch itself. It is sloppy, and when turning the signals off it's quite easy to yank it from R to L (or visa versa) overshooting the center position. Is there a spring/detent in the switch that I could change or tighten? Thanks!

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,849 Posts
Mine failed once when the bike was still pretty new and under warranty. It turned out to be the control unit. It quit again several years later but I never worried about fixing it. When I stripped the bike to the frame recently, I discovered the wires to the control unit had rubbed on the battery case until they had worn completely through.

The signal switch on mine has a spring on each side of the small lever. When you slide the switch to one side it compresses one of the springs and a small arm holds it in that position. Normally the auto cancel would activate the solenoid in the housing that released the arm and let the spring push it back to center. If yours is made like this maybe your springs are weak or missing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.