Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently (1,000 miles ago) went from the Metzler ME 880 to the Avon Cobras on the 2000. Man what a diffrence. The Cobras handle much better at speed, more like a sport bike tire. But at low speeds (parking lot) they make manuvering much more difficult. The front just wants to flop over, no stability. I have almost gone over twice now while parking due to these things. Never had that problem before.

But once you are over 20mph the Cobras are sweet. I can now flick the 2000 around pot holes just like the 900. It used to be that I had to just hold my line and take the abuse.

So it's a love-hate thing. I am still very undecided about what my next tire will be.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I haven't noticed any slow speed problems with the Avon Cobras on my V2K. Then again I don't do a whole lot of slow speed driving on the bad boy.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been reported by a few others as well... I just didn't expect it to be so pronounced.

·
V2KTN
87 Posts
I had an Avon Cobra 200 which lasted about 7500 miles and liked it enough to replace it with a 240/50. So far I like the handling even better. I haven't noticed any low speed handling problems with either size.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I don't have the cobra but do have the venom in my 900 and no issues. This tire is way better than the stockers.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I hear the Venoms are supposed to be a more neutral tire.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
I haven't seen the Cobra but I have the 200 Venom. No handling issues at any speed but they're sensitive to tire pressure - gotta stay on top of the pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts