Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
MUFFLER CLEARANCE

"I told you that the muffler would clear!" "Now while I'm holding this thing quickley check out the quality of the crossover welds!" I' don't like this bike, I think I'll buy the green one instead!"

·
Registered
302 Posts
And that picture is the reason I hate every sport bike rider on the road.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
NOT FAIR...FOUL PLAY

NOT every Sport BIke Rider is STUPID. Even if you had the proper gear on the bike is wrong...for this type of riding it should be a (NON Kawasaki) being destroyed. Sport bikes are meant to have both tires on the ground...Racing bikes, can get by with it because they are modified and are NOT Sport bikes that we can buy. Sport bikes can get severly Tweaked, warped, bent, what ever you wnat to call it by doing STUPID stuff like this...Step in Uncle Bob and read the riot act to us about bikes...even our texas crowd will agree, and you know how hot they get with all their sunshine frying their brains and getting to ride 12 months of the year!!! (RESPOND you Texans!)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't see why you guys are so hard on stunters. If they want to do it with their bikes on a closed course (which it appears to be in the pic) then let them. It's their choice.

Also, sportbikes can stand up to that kind of abuse. Slap a 12 o-clock bar on them properly and some sliders and it's not gonna do too much damage until you endo it. Also, to stunters bikes are meant to be used. They use them until they hurt stuff and then rebuild it and use it some more.

Seriously though, the only problem I see with it is the newbie frat boys who have been riding for six months doing stuff like that. It's not cool cause they're gonna get their sorority chick on the back hurt or killed. But don't rag on all riders who do stunts. It's kinda like ragging on skaters years ago. It's a developing sport, yes, a sport. So give the pros a break. In a sense they get a lot of them (breaks, as in bones), though none are from fellow riders.

As my role model always says, 'To each his own.'

But hey, it's natural selection on a motorcycle. The stupid ones get weeded out. The world could use a few less frat boys.... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
heineken said:
I don't see why you guys are so hard on stunters. If they want to do it with their bikes on a closed course (which it appears to be in the pic) then let them. It's their choice.

Also, sportbikes can stand up to that kind of abuse. Slap a 12 o-clock bar on them properly and some sliders and it's not gonna do too much damage until you endo it. Also, to stunters bikes are meant to be used. They use them until they hurt stuff and then rebuild it and use it some more.

Seriously though, the only problem I see with it is the newbie frat boys who have been riding for six months doing stuff like that. It's not cool cause they're gonna get their sorority chick on the back hurt or killed. But don't rag on all riders who do stunts. It's kinda like ragging on skaters years ago. It's a developing sport, yes, a sport. So give the pros a break. In a sense they get a lot of them (breaks, as in bones), though none are from fellow riders.

As my role model always says, 'To each his own.'

But hey, it's natural selection on a motorcycle. The stupid ones get weeded out. The world could use a few less frat boys.... :mrgreen:
I don't think we are so hard on stunters who go on closed courses, that is their business, its the ones going down a public road with traffic on it doing stunts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree. That's why I use the example of the frat boy. Walking back from my lab final a half an hour ago a dumbass pulled out of his frat with a hot chick on the back and clutched up the front tire about five inches, surprised the girl and almost dumped her cause she wasn't holding on very well.

That's the kind of stuff that really gripes me. I just don't like it when it sounds like you're talking in general about people who stunt sport-bikes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow, that took me a minute. At first I thought it was a Kansas joke, but then I realized you were from Kentucky and I have to give you some leeway on the whole proper English thing. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
PROFESIONALS EVEN

I have to refer you to Sport Rider Magazine< June 2004<Page 12! You want to argue with Kent Kunitsugu...Make my day and debate what a professional had to say about Professionals on even a "slow-speed fall", OR ANYTHING else in the article. Your comments about motorcycles being able to take the stress or even some slight abuse...is nothing less than ignorance. I'd LOVE to set in a room of professional riders and mechanics and "learn" about all the things that they do (besides having back-up motorcycles that look exactly the same decal for decal). The problem the way I see it is that the common street rider has no idea. Sure you can comment on my abilities and your abilities, but you can't compare either one to a professionals' ability and what they have to report on when it comes to Sport bikes. You have to admit it takes some serious backsteping when you write an article like the one that I just refered you to. It cannot make the manufactures happy to have these written up and put in first rate magazines. I'll be nice and not do any flaming...it's just that the general public and even the general public bikers are UN-aware! I feel the same about motorcycles being twisted...go visit a salvage yard and take a look...some bikes are great looking bikes...but unsafe to ride on the road the way they are.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Your comments about motorcycles being able to take the stress or even some slight abuse...is nothing less than ignorance
Hmmm. Ouch. I don't think you realize that these bikes aren't the best things in the world when they start stunting.

It just seems to me that you think if the bike gets put over it's gonna be unridable and unsafe until you get every component that's torqued a bit replaced. Granted, I don't know exactly what you're talking about cause I haven't read the article you're talking about.

My definition of being able to take abuse isn't the same as yours. You seem to be a track rider, which means that everything needs to be perfect on the bike, everything to it's perfect spec. That's not the case when you stunt a bike. Sure, things need to be pretty much as they are meant to be, but it's not a big deal to have a bent seatframe or a little of torque in the frame. Hell, a lot of guys are covering them in faux fur so they don't have to mind plastic damage, you think they're gonna care if it's a little bunged up? As long as the bike runs and rides straight down the road then it's taking the abuse well enough.

Also, paragraphs are your friend. Really.

Zach

1 - 20 of 27 Posts