Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I seen someone else post this but now I cant find it, but I was wondering how much is involved in changing a VN800B into a VN800A?? Is it just the fenders, taillight, and forks or am i missing more?? Just curious. Thanks.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
Handlebars, seat, front wheel, tire and by the time you get done with the conversion process you'll wish you'd just bought an 800A.

·
Barrett Motorcycle Repair
202 Posts
lower triple tree is drilled and tapped for the b fork tins , rear fender , tail light , i think even the headlight is different

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
Yes the A model has two degrees more rake than the B model, according to the specifications. Comparing them side by side you see that the A model leans more backward, probably because of the bigger front wheel. I don't know if the extra rake comes from this fact, or if the frames are actually different.

Most of it has already been mentioned, but if you want an 100% authentic VN800B:
  • Front wheel + wheel axle
  • Fenders (front + rear)
  • Lights (front + tail)
  • Seat
  • Handlebars
  • Fork (well some of the parts here are the same)
  • Kickstand
  • Frame?
  • I think they have different sprockets?
  • Paint
  • I think that's it?
But hey you don't have to change *everything* :)

I've read somewhere that the engine on the A model is set to be quicker than the B model, but that might just be because of the different sprocket ratios? Seem to be identical in the spec though as far as I can see?

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
Dave, I am pretty sure they are different. I think the A and B uses different disc rotors as well

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the info. yea buyin an A would be much simpler but they are alot harder to find, so i was just basically weighin my options. plus all the non kawasaki people i could tell em i started with this and ended with this and look like a professional bike builder lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts