Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I rode about every Victory motorcycle made. Victory Vision probably rode the best, but new age looks. I really liked the Cross Country. The radio sounded good at highway speed. The 6 speed tranny is sweet. Floorboards rock. Saddlebags are huge. The fairing dash is also very nice. Was not a fan of the hammer and that 250 rear tire. The 106 ci motor hauls a$$, but could feel a difference between the tourers and the regular bikes. Guess the weight difference is substantial. I enjoyed the Vegas and Kingpin as well, probably could use a bigger gas tank.

Also rode in to HD today and was able to test out the Street Glide and Fatboy. Fatboy is smooth. Handlebars little different than what I'm used to. Not as much power as the Victorys, but a very well put together ride. The Street Glide is a rumbling SOB. Can't believe the difference in engines. At a dead stop the baby shakes. Very nice bike though when riding. I think I would lean towards the Cross Country, you know if I had 18k on hand.

·
Long live the V2K!
593 Posts
Stopped by a Victory dealer the other day just for grins. They had a wine colored Cross Country in stock and man, what a sweet bike. I just sat and drooled at it for 20 minutes! If I ever lose my mind and buy a $20,000 motorcycle, that one will be on the shortlist. I know it really lists for around $18,599 but by the time you add just a couple goodies to it your up to around twenty for it.

Anyway, what a nice bike! Not sure if I should go to a local demo day or not. Could get real expensive if I do!

·
Matt
455 Posts
Looking to get a Cross Country myself if I can get my current Vulcan sold. Was considering a Voyager initially but really like the handling and mileage of the Victory although a taller windshield is a definite must.

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
going to one tommrow to take a few out. will let you know which i like

·
Live, Laugh, Ride
651 Posts
I went to one the other weekend and those Victories are great bikes. I liked the Cross Road because I want the option to take the windshield off in the summer but the Cross Country was sweet also, I am just afraid I will not get enough wind to help keep me cool in the summer.
I went to a Triumph demo a few weeks back and the Thunderbird really surprised me with how much I liked it.
I would like to demo ride some Honda's. Does anyone know a site that shows where Honda will have any demo rides?

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
i tried the jackpot and the king pin. i liked the power of the jackpot and it handled well. the kingpin had a smaller engine and had more vibration then my 900. i got there late so only had time for the two, i will be going to another in clifton park ny on the 23 of this month. that jackpot was nice!!!!

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
For cruisers looking type of bikes the street glide is my favorite, for sport looking type of cruisers the m109r my favorite, for best value for the bike nothing compares to my vn900c. I do wish I had the money for a street glaide.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I notice the grab of the clutch being very different. The 900 clutch lets out more and snaps so much less. The first demo ride snapped on me big time. Then when leaving for the day, the 900 felt so much different, it felt like it was in neutral. Haha, but when you get back used to it, the 900 is a great value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts