Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
You bought a WHAT?!!
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all...I've been off for a while except for an occasional brief check-in just to read some of your posts and clear my head. Several folks have asked, and I appreciate your concerns. My Pop passed away in October and I've been a little low...hardly the type of feeling I want to share. Job concerns have been a real problem too, but I'm working my way back into the clear.

My bike was not happy after all the time spent in the garage, and the first day back on the road, it was a little sluggish, kept trying to die on me...I opened it up on the slab and now it's running great again. Still sucking down gas like there's a shortage, but a fine ride all the same.

I rode with CMA, Patriot Guard, Legion Riders (and a few HOG's) in the Veteran's Day parade here in Grand Junction last Saturday. It felt good to smile and shake hands with Vets who had contributed far more than I ever did in the service.

It's great to feel how much a good ride on your scoot can heal wounds and raise your spirits. There's nothing else on the road that compares.

Anyway...I missed the forum, and I'm anxious to get back into the discussions...when I'm not riding. :smile:

·
You bought a WHAT?!!
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about your dad. Welcome back.
Thanks. Pop passed away one week before his 91st birthday. He lived a great life, and I was with him for several days before, just hanging out, talking football and laughing. He was always active, still chased blondes, (or rather, they chased him) and he gave more to this world than most people I know. He just went to sleep and slipped away.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Patrick, sorry to hear of your loss. The loss of a parent is not easy, remember the sadness turns to joy over time when we reflect on times past... Welcome back to the board and I know your V2K welcomes you back to soak up the miles....

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Sorry for your loss . . . not looking forward to a parents death. Glad you're back 'in the fold' and riding again. I agree with the healing that takes place on a good ride. So, to recap-ride to heal, stop to reflect, rinse and repeat!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Sorry for the loss. but keep getting on that bike. It's the best therapy in the world, and one of the most important reasons to keep hitting the road.

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
Sorry for all that you've been experiencing, welcome back and get out as much as possible. And remembers for others there is therapists, and for us there are bikes.

·
You bought a WHAT?!!
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for all that you've been experiencing, welcome back and get out as much as possible. And remembers for others there is therapists, and for us there are bikes.
I've seen the quote many times, but it bears repeating...you won't see a motorcycle parked in front of a therapists office.

(unless it belongs to the therapist :D )

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.... It's tough to lose a parent no matter how old you are but glad to hear you're back on the bike. They are a great escape when you need to just be alone and get your head straight. Sounds like your dad had a good life and glad you got to spend some time with him before he passed. That, in itself, is a blessing.

Charles

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Tough to lose family member you are close too. My thoughts go out to you. I agree with the post above about happy thoughts when the pain has passed. Being Irish I am fully into the idea of celebrating what someone has done...and you seem to know he has contributed a lot.

Take care, glad to see you are back. Weather closing in on us here so maybe I'll be at the therapist if this doesn't clear up soon...:lol: (That or I'll just hit the garage and work on the Damsel.)

Feel free to share what you feel comfortable doing...this place seems to be amazingly supportive.

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
Welcome back Patrick, I think you can see here how you were missed and how much you are thought of as an old friend. I hope to get to know you better over time. My dad passed when he was only 54 and I was 30...it was a very tough time. I'm so glad you got to spend the last days in your dad's presence...what a blessing.

Steve

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.