Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going to drop you guys a line. Some of you'll remember when I wrecked my GPZ about three months ago, well, I'm back on. It took a little time because I've been downright scared of corners for a bit, but I'm back up and riding.

On another note, I'm helping a buddy rebuild my bike because he ended up taking it on as a project, meanwhile I'm riding a '81 750 LTD. Good little bike.

Not to take it too far off topic, does anyone have or know where I could get a good set of aftermarket pipes for it? I already emailed Beartooth, yet to get a reply.

Thanks guys, hope you're all keeping it shiny-side up.

PS, always have good rubber and always, always wear your gear.

·
Registered
629 Posts
After market Pipes

Check out MAC exhaust. There is a distributor in CA. Here is the link:
www.macperformance.com. I have a GPz750 that is a project bike also. They seem to be the only place I can find an exhaust for this bike and the LTD. My bike shop tells me that you won't need to re-jet.

If you need fairings etc airtech has good stuff. www. motobody.com

Glad to see that you are riding again. I remember my first accident, and I'll never try to look cool infront of girls again. I watched some girls and turned left in front of a car. To this day, left hand turns always worry me.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

glad your back up hinnie :wink:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
great news!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just figured I should throw a pic up here. The bike's not half bad really. Just not the same though....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Nice picture... glad to hear you've decided to start riding again.

Take care out there...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it doesn't look really bad but the sound was awful. I changed that with a drill like one of the other posts suggested. I drilled 6 holes in the end of the caps and it livened right up. It used to have a tinny whir, now it's got a little growl.

I either want my pipes to be really quiet or loud enough to get peoples' attention around me. Remember, loud pipes save lives. But piss off neighbors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts