Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a passenger backrest for the Vulcan 900 and really like the look of the transformer backrest by Kuryakyn. I called them and they said they don't have any side plates for my bike to be able to put it on. Does anyone on here know if it can be done/how?

And if not, what backrests might you recommend? I do want the luggage rack on the back, and like the fact that the rack on the transformer folds up and out of the way when not being used. Thanks for your help, this forum has been great.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Paladin makes a quick release sissy bar for the 900. I have an MC Enterprise sissy bar that i like, but if i had to do again i would definitely have considered the paladin quick release. Everything else on my bike is quick release, and i dont always ride with the sissy bar on, so it wouldve been more convenient.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My Nomie has a Mustang butt holder w/backrests for rider/passenger. The seat is OK, but it need adjustments that can't be done in the mounting, so I'm to have to do it in the padding. I like the rider backrest. I have no input on the passenger backrest yet, but will after Thanksgiving.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Hey that Transformer sissy bar/luggage rack is cool . . . did you ask Kury for an ETA on when they might make the side mounts for the 900? Demand for them will help them make up their minds . . .

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey that Transformer sissy bar/luggage rack is cool . . . did you ask Kury for an ETA on when they might make the side mounts for the 900? Demand for them will help them make up their minds . . .
The guy I talked to said they don't make it for the 900 and it didn't sound like it was something they had been considering either. I'm going to go with what insolentminx did with his backrest and talk with a fabricator and see what I can work out. As he said, it'll be more customized that way ;) Unfortunately I won't have the money until January to start into this, but once I get it going there will be pics ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.