Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering, will it hurt my engine if I remove my stock muffler packing and that mesh roll that goes in the muffler too on my 2006 KX250F? The packing is due for replacement anyway. But Will it make a bit more power, because of less restriction? I'm not bothered by having to adjust the carb if needed, I just want it to be louder!!! But a tiny bit more power would be a nice addition, not too fussed on that though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the baffle also act as a spark arrestor to prevent forest fires or grass fires?
I don't know, just wondering if that would be a consideration.

I think it does, but I don't really care for that. Where I ride there's pretty much nothing but dirt, some small bushes here and there but thats about it.

·
Super Moderator
10,736 Posts
You may have to adjust for increased flow (carb adj'ment) but other than that I don't think it's going to do much for you power-wise. But please, don't be like the jerk we have around here- consider that while you are enjoying your exceptionally loud dirt bike all the rest of us are ready to hunt you down like the Frankenstein monster b/c we have to listen to it all weekend long. We want to enjoy some peace and quiet on the weekends too after working our butts off all week. See if you can get a little more sound without reverberating thru the whole valley.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may have to adjust for increased flow (carb adj'ment) but other than that I don't think it's going to do much for you power-wise. But please, don't be like the jerk we have around here- consider that while you are enjoying your exceptionally loud dirt bike all the rest of us are ready to hunt you down like the Frankenstein monster b/c we have to listen to it all weekend long. We want to enjoy some peace and quiet on the weekends too after working our butts off all week. See if you can get a little more sound without reverberating thru the whole valley.
Thanks, but don't worry mate, I literally live 3 houses down from the entrance into the dirt tracks. My neighbors are pretty cool and most of their sons own dirt bikes, so nobody really minds here. But I do get what your saying.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
By miata_mania: I think it does, but I don't really care for that. Where I ride there's pretty much nothing but dirt, some small bushes here and there but thats about it.

Playing the Devil's Advocate, how can you be certain you will always ride on dirt? Isn't Australia susceptible to grass fires or bush fires? Many wildfires in the USA are caused by carelessness & often times by total idiocy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts