Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We just bought a new to us Vulcan 1600 with Cobra pipes. I think my smile may be permanently etched in place.

The Mrs. objects to the noise level. Are there baffles that can be purchased on inserted in the Cobras?

My other option is to buy stock pipes and sell the Cobras on eBay.

Thanks all,

Deacon07

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think it depends on the type of Cobra Pipes. I have the Speedster Slashdowns and they do have baffles. If your pipes are equipped with a tip, have you taken the tip off to see if there baffles in there already?
Cobra is supposed to release quiet baffles sometime soon also.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Cobra may also make a "standard" baffle and a "performance" baffle for your pipes. Problem is: figuring out which one you have. If you have the performance baffles, getting the standard baffles should lower the db's.

DS

·
T,J&R 4ever
1,369 Posts
other option.....sell wife on ebay! Just kidding, someone had a post about quieting down pipes.... try a search

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
You may be able to get fiberglass wrap from JP or Dennis Kirk and wrap the baffles and reinstall them, or you may be able to do a search on the "lollipop method" basically a bolt with a washer welded too it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
talked to Cobra and they said "the new (quite) baffles will be out at the end of the month", that was 6 months ago. Has not happened yet. They did tell me about bigcitythunder.com they have baffles to replace the ones you have now but for the life of me I cannot find the ones to lower the db reading. If you find any solutions please post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Talked to Cobra via email on 1/8/2008. They said to check back in Febuary. I couldn't wait so I wrapped mine in fine steel wool and small stainless wire. It seems a little more tame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts