Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Dad pick me up a lowering kit while he was at JP a month or so ago. It ends up it is made by Baron or as they are now owned by LA Choppers. Long story short The first one I received the bearings on the left side of the kit were to small and the shaft would not go thru. The sent me a second one a the bearings did the same thing. As soon as I put the steel shaft thru the kit the left side bearings bind and stop it from going all the way thru.

Has any one else had problems with this kit. J&P is working on it for me but my bike has been apart for almost a month now.

Any suggestions?

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
a guy i know installed on on his bike and he had to hummer the thing to go thru. did you hummered down?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up talking to LA Choppers today. I had them check there stock and sure enough the left side bearings were wrong. They were going tool up and redo them this week and ship me one direct. They were all real nice to talk to and are taking care of the problem. The thing is they should have had better QC. Just glad I live in Alaska or other wise known as Kentucky.

If any has one of these they may wnat to consider sending them back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts