Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GPZ750. I want to know what electrics i will need to get it running. All i want is for it to start, run and charge the battery.

So i know i will need:

-Rectifier
-Coils
-Regulator
-CDI???

Is there anything else? Or does someone have a basic wiring solution diagram?

Thanks for any help :smile:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Getting there :smile:

Ignition-Switch.
Battery.
Regulator-Rectifier.
Coils.
IC-Igniter.
Starter-Button (unless rigged off ignition switch) and Starter-Relay.
Kill-Switch/Button.
Temperature-Gauge (assuming fan, fan-switch and temperature-sensor/thermostat are with the radiator).
Neutral-Indicator.
Oil-Pressure indicator.
Circuit fuses.

Maybe a fuel-pump and relay, possibly a tacho.

Maybe the electrical-boffins like MFolks can add to or tidy this up.

I could find a 900R wiring-diagram possibly, not 750 but it'll be near identical.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my. Thank you so much. You have been so helpful :D

Where do you think i can find the Neutral switch? is it mechanical or the rpm vs speed one?

Cheers

·
Registered
522 Posts
Where do you think i can find the Neutral switch? is it mechanical or the rpm vs speed one?
It's a simple earthing-contact mate, follow a light-green wire down to behind the sprocket-cover.

Haven't found the wiring-diagram yet, i will, fear not :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i have been searching and searching, downloaded a GPZ750 manuel, but the problem is that all the diagrams have the cam chain between cylinder 2&3 where as mine is on the end did they change it at any stage? And everywhere i have been reading it says they are air cooled, then why does this have a thermostat and fittings that look water pipe size not oil cooler, and doesn't an oil cooler return to the sump? So whats going on here, can anyone shed some light?

Cheers Jeremy

·
Registered
522 Posts
The first and second model GPz750s were air-cooled 8-valvers, developed from the Z650/750. These were the twin-shock R1 model then the Uni-Trak A models.

Yours is a GPZ (Big 'Z' to denote water-cooled models) developed from/with the GPZ900R, the first watercooled. 16-valve sports-bikes Kawasaki made (1984 on).

I'm trying to get the GPZ900R manual scanned to a decent quality, tell us what details you need mate, most of it will be relevant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anything you can provide on the electric side of things,as i'm using it in a offroader, (i think i may have said that?)

Anyway thanks for all the help

Jeremy

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sapristi, sorry Rusty, forgot about this, left it with a mate and he's off to US soon on holiday, i'll get me arse in gear

·
Registered
522 Posts
Here's a start Rusty, i had a lot of mither with me sisters scanner (me mate just printed 'em for me) and laptop having never used either before but got roughly there in the end.

More if needed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:newyear1: ;-)

Nah but thanks heaps for that :D

Can now start mucking around with it, should be heaps of fun, will keep you guys posted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts