Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I bought this trickle charger for my V2k. All is fine and dandy except that the extension harness that attaches to the battery can only be routed under the left side cover.

Problem: the left side cover can't be removed without removing the front seat first because there's a screw under the seat that needs to be opened.

ARGH! I was hoping to be able to trickle charge the battery without having to remove the front seat. Anyone have any ideas?

TIA!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
patch the wire and make it longer so that it will stick out someplace convenient for you.
thanks. i thought somebody who has the same charger may have found a way to do the needful without patching the harness... :)

·
recovering workaholic
1,066 Posts
Just so I only hadda do it once I bought a cigarette lighter/accessory receiver,and mounted it at a convenient spot(in my Meanie`s case,for me it was on the bottom of my left side cover) and ran it to the battery with a fuse in the line.That way I can get the male connector and install it on the charger,and just plug in when needed...I can also plug in other stuff as well,like my cell phone charger when I`m on a trip..
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts