Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new petcock incorrectly, drained the battery trying to start it. I dont have a charger, I was wondering if I could hook it up to my car, engine off, or on, or what other options I have, short of buying a new batt. Thanks, any sugestions welcome.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's usually recommended you dont jump a bike because it can mess up the charging system. The easiest way to start it back up is to push start it. To do this you must first turn on the ignition and everything then put the bike in gear(I find second gear usually is easier than first). Have a friend push you or roll the bike down a hill as it gets up speed pop the clutch and it should start.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

he's right you can burn a rectifier up jumping,but i've jumped bikes several times
without a problem-just don't make a habit of it :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
but yes, you can jump off a bike with a car's battery; they're both 12V batteries. just, as was said, don't make a habit of it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Kazama said:
but yes, you can jump off a bike with a car's battery; just, as was said, don't make a habit of it.
I don't think you should attempt jumping off a bike with a car battery. You could get seriously hurt and worse yet the car battery might hit you and leak acid and omg it would just be horrible. j/k :lol:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Battery tenders

Little battery chargers are really cheap...like 14 bucks if you catch them on sale...getting a push start is the easiest way...

·
Registered
95 Posts
The only time you'll damage a bike's electrical system by boosting it off is to hook it up to a RUNNING car. The car's alternator's output will overload the bike's regulator/rectifier and you'll buy one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts