Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
battery life

Vulcan 1500 , 10 year old battery , not holding a charge is it time for a new one?
I too had a 10 yr old battery on my 99 drifter.It was a genuine made in USA maintenance free wet cell battery, still holds charge, but i reckon that 10 yrs is enough.Ive decided to change it now & it can start a new life starting my ride on mower.Ive put in another wet cell m/free battery but its made in china. I wonder how years this one will last.wayno 1500 drifter

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i think the battery doesnt hold a charge was my fault, i didnt put it on a battery trickler, and the bike was outside , and the weather here in NY, was brutal, so i kind of need to take 1/2 the blame as to why the battery wont hold a charge:frown:

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
These 10-year batteries: Are they known for sure to have been in service for that long? Or is the age being determined by a date stamped on them? Just curious & kinda skeptical.... :)
Are you like me and get 4 to 5 years from a bike battery.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These 10-year batteries: Are they known for sure to have been in service for that long? Or is the age being determined by a date stamped on them? Just curious & kinda skeptical.... :)
I am not really sure, i am assuming it 10 years old, i bought the bike from someone last year, and he said everything was original

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.