Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
got Sig?
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Kuryakyn LED Battery Gauge for my 900 and was looking for ideas about mounting. What others have done. Thanx for the input...
Bob

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I stuck mine on the backside of the front brake reservoir. It blends in so well it almost looks like it was factory installed.

·
got Sig?
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats is actually where I was thinking also. Did you wire it in the headlight buck?..... Thanx

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
if you guys got pics handy i would love to see them.

·
got Sig?
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe I'll be mounting it to the brake reservoir. That seems to be the best place. I'll snap a photo this weekend also... Thanks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Because of this thread I just bought the battery meter too. Twice I have run the battery down. Now I will be able to watch it go dead! I will post pictures when it is installed.
captain

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Because of this thread I just bought the battery meter too. Twice I have run the battery down. Now I will be able to watch it go dead! I will post pictures when it is installed.
captain
Good for you, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I mounted mine on the control covers I have, right above the start button. My res housing already had light switch on it and I didn't want to move it. I wired into turn signal as it was close.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got my meter and installed it this morning. I liked the layout Ken had so I did basically the same position. My bike is a 2007 VN900LT.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I've never given it much thought but I had a battery fail on me when I was not even close to a town. Thankfully I went riding with a friend that day...a rarity. What a serious P.I.T.A. it is when the battery goes out. I wonder now if I would have had something like this if that bad day could have been avoided.

Sounds like a great idea to me and I think those Kury ones look very nice. But does anyone know of other types...like a small round style that would be a bit less inconspicuous?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts