Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Vulcan 1500 Classic with Fuel Injection (model V1500N) and need a battery for it. My current battery has "ETX14" as a model or part number. I have Google searched on this and it shows as only being 12Amp rated. Can anyone advise a part # for a better battery? The shop manual seems to indicate that a 18Amp was standard for this model. The problem I see is that the battery area is also shared by the electronic control box which limits the size to about L=5-7/8; W=3/38; & H=6. That is the limit unless it is possible to relocate the control box somewhere. Any ideas on that?
Thanks,

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well like always I went ahead and continued on and replaced the battery on my 2000 Vulcan Classic 1500. I used a YTX20BS in place of the smaller YTX14. The 14 was only 12amp and the 20 is 18 amp. Although it will "crank over" very fast, it still will not start. I will research some more to see what else may be at fault.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.