Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1983 Kawasaki kz440 ltd belt drive bike. is there supposed to be a strap holding the battery down? my battery just sits in a space under the air cleaner & I don't see any kind of strap. I don't imagine the battery will go anywhere seeing it's under the air cleaner though....

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
From the diagrams at Partzilla, there should be a metal battery hold down. listed as a battery band, but it's metal & there should be a couple of dampers. I think the dampers are still available, but you could use sheet rubber & make a damper.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the diagrams at Partzilla, there should be a metal battery hold down. listed as a battery band, but it's metal & there should be a couple of dampers. I think the dampers are still available, but you could use sheet rubber & make a damper.

ya I just found this site & it's a great help. I'm not sure if the bracket is there I didn't think i seen anything when I removed the air cleaner which is also missing the air cleaner element. all these parts are available as n.o.s. parts....

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
By saturnsc2: all these parts are available as n.o.s. parts....

If you mean you found them on EB or somewhere else, then yes, some NOS vintage parts can be found. In general, though, many vintage parts are no longer available & some sites w the diagrams are ambiguous about that, and in some cases you won't know until after the part is ordered.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
By saturnsc2: all these parts are available as n.o.s. parts....

If you mean you found them on EB or somewhere else, then yes, some NOS vintage parts can be found. In general, though, many vintage parts are no longer available & some sites w the diagrams are ambiguous about that, and in some cases you won't know until after the part is ordered.

my battery bracket, dampers hold down screw & washers are on their way to me. all I need is part numbers & I can find almost anything. the only thing I couldn't find in recent history is a dust cover for the front forks of my kz200. I found 1 & the other none available. many parts on the parts lists show no longer available, but check on ebay & other sites & there you will find them...
I've been doing this for years. I got a whole **** load of parts coming for my kz440 that are discontinued. mostly rubber parts to replace the original crumbling ones.. funny thing when I had my 1975 kawasaki 100 g5c which was in great condition, but still needed some parts I couldn't find them as a kid. now I can find them now thanks to the internet..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts