Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Black and Decker Smart Battery Charger for $20. It came with a lot of ways to connect to the battery including a harness that just stays attached to your battery terminals with a quick connect end for the charger.

Seems like a great deal for the price!

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
I have two "smart" battery charger/tenders in my bass boat. They do a great job of keeping the batteries strong and ready to go, even when circumstances cause me to ignore the boat for five weeks at a stretch. For folks that live in climates that cause the bikes to sit for a while, the battery tenders should really help.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dang!!.... I just bought something similar at a bike shop today for $35.... didn't think WalMart or KMart would have something like that for a bike.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I think Harbor Freight has float chargers on sale for about $4.95.
Thinking about gettin one for myself.
Harbor Freight is a great source for disposable tools.

The only electrics they sell that I trust is their autodark welding hood... and ONLY because the glass itself is 100% UV shielded so even if the circuit fails, it won't result in a flash burn.

I would never plug my bike's battery into an HF charger.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts

The only electrics they sell that I trust is their autodark welding hood... and ONLY because the glass itself is 100% UV shielded so even if the circuit fails, it won't result in a flash burn.

Me either Rich! I got mine at WalMart for $19.00 and it works great! :lol:

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
i got a battery tender jr at iron pony for 29.99. it also has several ways to hook up and have heard nothing but good things about the brand.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts

i agree also rich, remember the story of their fuses failing and burnin stuff up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts