Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'd like to say is this forum has been a great help to me over the last couple of weeks! Thanks! I'd like to just do a little running commentary on a project 185 Bayou I'm doing if I could. About 3 weeks ago I "borrowed" my uncle's 185 that had been sitting on a trailer under a shed for over 10 years with the understanding that I could use it if I could get it running and when my kids were too big for it I would give it back, so needless to say, I'm spending as little money as possible on this project. The fenders are in good condition, dirty, but useable so far, and it looks like it was parked after a really fun ride thru the mud! I started out draining the gas tank, and taking of the rear fender so I could see what i was doing underneath. So far I have put gear oil in rear end, replaced battery, ordered new spark plug end and plug(havent installed yet), changed oil in it, and taken the starter off, and ordered new relay and starter switch/solenoid. (wow, when I type it here it doesn't seem like I've done that much!) I have ordered a manual, which I learned I needed reading here, hopefully it will be here soon. I have maybe 3 questions that I need answered, How much oil does the motor need in this unit? I filled it to the space between the lines on the gauge/window on the crankcase. What is the gap setting on the plug? and Can I test the spark plug wire and connector with a continuity tester before I connect it? If you don't have the answers, I'll wait and see if the manual does, but I hope to continue my commentary when I can. I'd also love to have questions about what I've written to make sure I've done something right or if I've done it at all, Thanks again!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.