Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 92 klf-220 Bayou that had been sitting in a barn for three years. I would like to get it running for my 72 yo dad this Christmas and am having these problems.

1. It fires and runs fine when power is applied to the seloniod, starter side. (with the exception I can't get it to idle yet)
2. I have no action what-so-ever when pushing the start button. Not even a selonoid noise.
3. It will not fire when the pull cord is used.

I have changed the oil, spark plug, cleaned the varnish out of the carb and rebuilt it 100%, did a simple flush of the gas tank.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for it so I can troubleshoot it further?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try taking apart the switch on the handlebars and clean it. Also check all your connections inbetween there and the starter. As far as a wiring diagram i might be able to get my hands on one but it will not do you much good unless you have the manual to get you the test procedures. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
3 Posts
bayou 220

looking for a FULL wiring dia for a 88 bayou 220
I just bought it and some of the wires are cut for the lights at the battery and at the front Anyone that could cut and paste one would be appreciated. Or e-mail one to me
Thanks
Dman
:p :grin: :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know somoen out there has the shop manual for a Bayou 220! I will very much appreciate if you could scan the wiring diagram pages and post them... I will certainly send 5 dollars via paypal for this to be done. I dont have 29 dolalrs though to spend on the manual!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a service manual off of E-Bay and it was supposed to be shipped today but I checked my bank account and the charge was reversed so no service manual which I desperately need for my wiring. Here we go again on the hunt for a service manual, I would like to get this thing going before the snow comes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts