Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mud riders anonymous
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so with so many problem threads, i wanted to post a thread with people just loving their bayous, be you 220, 300, 400, i don't care. just show your bayou some love. i found tractor tires and modded mine, special thanks to my uncle mike. who had this baby before me and already had these rims drilled out to fit.

see what you think.

these tires are beasts in the mud, i've tried to get them stuck and they just walk. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
The plastics are in pretty decent shape considering the shape the rest of the bike was in when I first got my hands on it. The front plastic is cracked around the tank and the tank cover tabs are busted so it fits a little loose but I'm pretty happy with it. I was really surprised with the condition of the seat, no cracks or tears!!!

Yours looks BA with the tractor tires! What size tire and wheel? What front tires are those? Happy with them? Mine are the stockers and pretty worn down. Flipped em to get some more use out of them but the bike still kind of pushes the front with the wheels turned from time to time.

One more question, lol . . . what's right next to your reverse switch?

·
mud riders anonymous
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they're maxxis, not sure what the model is, they came with the bike when i got it. they work well and don't push through mud too bad. the tractors are 22x10xi have no clue, my uncle drilled the rims to fit on these hubs. they chew up some mud man,
last but not least, the thing right next to the reverse switch is a push button that was wired to bypass the start switch on the handlebar, cause mine went bad :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
haha cool man! The Dirt Devils will get me through light mud and does excelent everywhere else, but that's not good enough for me, lol. I'll keep the tractor tire idea in mind if I ever pull the trigger on a set of tires better suited for southeast tx mud.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Attachments

·
KZ Kool!
2,818 Posts
I have a '94 Bayou 400 that I bought off eBay in 2006. It's lived out at the farm all of that time and is a solid performer. I gave it a much needed bath last night as there was mud all over the poor thing from my brother using it to check the cattle during calving season. Besides being a run-about, we use it to unroll fence wire, spot spraying, fence repair, etc. I sometimes wonder how we got along without one for so long.

Mine is in blue with most of the original graphics intact. The seat is in excellent shape. I did replace the front rack and bumper and the plastic shroud around the front of the radiator after I bought it. Even the wheels are white and not rusty so I'm inclined to keep it as nice as I can. It runs strong as it got a top-end job before I bought it. Last summer I replaced the CV boots and found all the bearings to be in top shape. I'm not worried about wearing it out any time soon!

I am very pleased with it and I really love the 4WD and water cooled engine.

·
KZ Kool!
2,818 Posts
Pics of my Bayou 400 as it was after I bought it in May 2006.

Since then the front rack and bumper, shrouding around the front of the radiator, and front tires have been replaced. I did replace that missing axle cover as well. Last summer I replaced the CV boots and came to the conclusion that these Bayous are built really well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.