Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bayou 220 all of a sudden just pooped out. now wen i turn the key the power doesnt go on. the battery is good,(12.6V) terminals are making good contact and secure. anybudy got info on how to chek where the bad conection is? i have a digital multimeter/continuity checker but i dnt kno what wieres and where to probe. also how do you chek if the starter solinoid is working? any help will be verry much appreciated.

·
Never quite fixed.
496 Posts
my bayou 220 all of a sudden just pooped out. now wen i turn the key the power doesnt go on. the battery is good,(12.6V) terminals are making good contact and secure. anybudy got info on how to chek where the bad conection is? i have a digital multimeter/continuity checker but i dnt kno what wieres and where to probe. also how do you chek if the starter solinoid is working? any help will be verry much appreciated.
I would check your key switch first, take you meter and test for continuity and see if the switch is any good. It has a brown and white wire coming out of it that control power, white should have battery voltage all the time, and brown should have power going to it when the key is on. I have posted a wiring diagram on here several times but I don't have the link off-hand, you shouldn't have much trouble finding it by searching through my old posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts