Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Bayou 220 that I picked up from a friend. A few years back he rolled end over end down a pretty steep grade. He flipped over tried to start it up, and what do you know, it fired. There was some body damage and some fluid leaks that were fixed.

The machine wasn't ridden for a few years and then I picked up. When we tried to fire it up it started and idled like normal. But when you apply the throttle it bags down and dies. It doesn't matter if the machine warms up for 5 minutes or a half hour.

Does anyone know why it would die when you push the throttle, but it runs fine at an idle?

·
itching to ride
2,238 Posts
Be sure you can see through the jets when you get thru. Be careful what you poke through there because they are brass and you can easily enlarge the hole if you are not careful. Also the passages... you can spray some carb cleaner in them until it comes out the other side. This will let you know they are open. Use compressed air to dry everything if you have it handy.
If you need something to poke through these little holes try a single strand of copper wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.