Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Bayou 300 4x4. How do you drain the carb? What fits it? I have tried several different size allen wrenches but none work. I guess it could be froze up but I'm not sure. I think i have some water in the bowl, if i leave it out and it gets rained on it gets water in the fuel somehow. Also, when I hit a water hole that splashes up onto me and the bike it seems to die down like it is sucking water or something, it use to not do this, any suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Take a quick look at the parts diagram for the carburetor on Kawasaki.com, and if you have identified the correct screw for the drain, go ahead and use a small pair of vice grips to remove the screw if the phillips head is stripped.

While on the parts pages, take a peek at the air cleaner and carburetor connections. I would suspect you have a hose off of one of the vent tubes. It could also be a loose connection on either side of the carburetor.

As far as water being in the fuel. If you are using pump gas, it contains ethyl alcohol and that absorbs water like a sponge. Just setting around for a couple of weeks will put a great deal of water in the fuel. To avoid problems pick up a product like PRI-G and add it to your fuel to keep the water problem down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.