Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Kawasaki bayou 300 4x4 but it was stolen a couple years ago. I am 68 and really needed a 4 wheeler with all the work to do around here. but anyway, my son-in-law gave me his old 4 wheeler but it has a few problems. first of all it,s a Kawasaki bayou 300 don,t know for sure what year it is cause can,t make out all the vin numbers. But from everything I could find out it looks like it,s a 300 B and best guess on the year would say it,s a 1988 or 1989 and it,s not a 4x4 it has a differential drive. The main problem I have with it is I have to put it in 1st gear just to get it up a small grade it greatly lacks power. But it does not seem to be a gas problem more like a gear drive problem it starts ok and drives on flat surface just fine. it dont miss or backfire. Does it have a vacuum my car acted like that once no power and the problem was the vacuum. Where should I start?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Bayou 300's were very weak to begin with. But in first gear, they outta climb a small hill as long as the clutch isn't slipping (which is common). Next time you're on it, go put a load on it and as it's acting weak, move the choke lever to "choke" and see if it gets any better. If it does, it's starving for fuel. If not, remove the air intake hose from the airbox to carburetor and look inside while the engine's running. When you push the throttle lever quickly, the slide should lift. If not, the diaphragm is either ruptured or the slide itself is seized into the carb. That will cause a weaker than normal condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts