Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to soften the ride on my 2000 bayou 220? The front shocks are not adjustable and this thing beats you pretty bad. I can physically push down on the rear and they have some give but the front wont hardly move. Didnt notice it was that bad until I rode my uncles 99 honda and it was like night and day. (wife noticed also).
Thanks

·
Alien Abductee
376 Posts
Are you sure they aren't adjustable? The fiche veiws I find show them to be. Look at the bottom of the spring if there is a funny shaped peice wrapping around the shock they are adjustable. Check out this view. See the peice I'm talking about?
Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Kawasaki 2000 Bayou 220 Front Suspension
You are supposed to use a spanner wrench to turn these but you may be able to rig somethin up. On my 2000 Bayou 300 they were to crusty to move till I took the shock apart. If you took it to any bike dealer or repair shop they would have the tool and shouldn't charge more than a few bucks to adjust them for you.
Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked very closely and the front and rear shocks on this four wheeler are not adjustable. Someone may have changed them at one time? Any other suggestions? Anybody have any used ones?

·
Registered
628 Posts
This isn't what you're going to want to hear but, get a bigger four wheeler. Something larger with more inertia will ride better. No matter the specific spring rate or ride height of the quad the more percentage of the quads AUW (all up weight) is the quad, the better the ride.

Unfortunately, there's not much to be done with your quad to soften the ride other than to put some older model bayou shocks on our quad. Something that has been worn out already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts