Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to bring "sadness" to the forum, but I want to share a couple of bad incidents that have occured recently on the same roads that I have ridin....
All I can say is please, please becareful out there!!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
May 9 2004
Bike was a Red Honda looked like a 929 possibly....All DPS and the local Hospital would tell me was he was in very critical condition and lost his leg.
The guy caught his leg on the guard-rail in one of the corners.
http://www.fema.kaalium.com/crashbarrier/

He did loose his leg below the knee, he has pins in the pelvis, ruptured his spleen but they took the lock out during surgery. He's still on a vent but should just be a matter of time before he's off & they get rid of those extra extra precautionary measures.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
April 27 2004

We got there about 5 min after the accident. The rider was going down the hill about 2 turns into it. From the driver of the Ferrari, the rider went into the corner hot and crossed over to oncoming traffic. He hit the Ferrari with such force to drive the Ferrari about 4-6 feet into the other lane. The rider then still had enough momentum to hit another car (Ford Taurus). The bike was a new blue R6. Was the accident avoidable? Was there mechanical failure? What was the experience level of the rider? Questions that may never get answered but ones that I personally would like to know. It was very disheartening to see that kind of carnage and realize the rider died doing something that I love.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

hate to hear that :cry: but we have had a rash of it also here
summer brings it out i guess-but when it hits close to home or you witness
it-it really wakes you up :( - i also hope everyone here rides safe and smart :wink:

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Unfortunatly same here, up north since the riding season is shorter it seems a lot of riders start going down as the temps rise.

Bad enough some riders have been foaming at the mouth waiting to get their bikes out or picking up a new one. Not just newbies need to practice and take it easy, if you've been off the bike for a couple of months take the time to do the low speed drills and gradually work back up to riding the way you were last season.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sad, but yet another reminder that the we need to be careful and cautios at all times. While I hope that nothing like this EVER happens to my forum mates, or anyone else for that matter, I do hope that the noobs here read this and think long and hard about this sport that we love, and the dangers associated with it. Each morning before I mount up, I pray that God will keep me, my friends, and my family safe. This includes all here as well. Ride smart, stay alive.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sad

I hate to hear the horror stories. It seems around here we have had a few motorcycles being rear-ended sitting at lights. Really messed up some nice bikes. Are there any other Californians out there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts