Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate is coming over to the US in June, he's been 2 else 3 times before and has been to BTK (and got the t-shirt). He's always going on about Beartooth Pass and the fact he couldn't drive down it 'tother year 'cos of a landslide or something, and he's determined to do it this year (albeit, sadly, in a car).

How many of your lot have experienced this place and is it as good as he paints it ?? :-D

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
It's a great and very scenic ride.........my motorbike is already shedding a tear to hear of a rider running the Beartooth in a car.

I don't know if their are local rental available (a call to our forum sponser Beartooth Kawasaki may be helpful), but I'd highly recommend running the Beartooth Pass on a motorcycle if at all possible.

Their will be a lot of weekend trafic during the summer months, so consider heading up during the week if possible...and unfortunately riding a bike is one of the only ways to "eliminate" getting stuck behind all the looky-llo's in their cars, trucks, and rv's.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: I tell him that he'd best save it for when he can get a bike but his Missus hates bikes and he says better to drive it than not do it at all so maybe fair-do.

He's driven many thousands of miles all over the Western US in some of the most stunning scenery, i've seen the pics and it looks bloody amazing, but he's always hired a car. We were debating the bikes we'd do it on the other day, meself i'd have a big Kawi or maybe a Triumph, **** said he'd be happy on a Harley.

Thanks for that anyroad Bubble :smile:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:shock: :grin: :grin: his name is Richard, we all call him D ick and it asterisked it lol lol

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
It's an experience. There are spots where you feel like you're literally on top of the world.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
I did it in a car out of necessity, and I wished I was on a bike.
Now I desperately want to get back there again, just to ride it on a bike for the full effect.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
A couple of years ago, when the 1500 was broken and I was looking into it, the closest place to rent was in Billings. What's another 50 miles on a motorcycle? I've been on most of the high ones in the Rockies and the couple of miles across the Beartooth summit are worth going a long ways to experience.

·
Cookie Monstress
454 Posts
I have done it in late spring on my Vulcan 1500 classic ...it is amazing...even if snow is piled up on both sides.... stunning views ...great twisty road.... and coming up thru Yellowstone and Red Lodge is also a fine ride.....a definite two thumbs up to do...!

keep going north and do Glacier National park also !! it is also amazing...take 'Going to the Sun Road" and you will see some truly amazing views... ahh..here we go... this is going to the sun...:)

A mate is coming over to the US in June, he's been 2 else 3 times before and has been to BTK (and got the t-shirt). He's always going on about Beartooth Pass and the fact he couldn't drive down it 'tother year 'cos of a landslide or something, and he's determined to do it this year (albeit, sadly, in a car).

How many of your lot have experienced this place and is it as good as he paints it ?? :-D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Anamosity, Charlie, Tod, Jake and Tallannie :mrgreen:

I'm on me way:-D ......if only......looks and sounds brilliant, one day, one day.

Perhaps when i get me mate to leave his wife at home and actually do it on a bike, the girl 8)

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I think I'm going to shed a few tears, knowing that I won't be riding Beartooth on my bike this summer. :-( It's beautiful and well worth doing even if he has to do it in a cage. I agree that hitting it midweek in the summer is much better. The traffic can be awful on the weekend. Tell him to be sure to drive Chief Joseph Highway, too!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
keep going north and do Glacier National park also !! it is also amazing...take 'Going to the Sun Road" and you will see some truly amazing views... ahh..here we go... this is going to the sun...:)
I love Going To The Sun Road. Proposed to my Wife on that very highway.

·
Cookie Monstress
454 Posts
wow... I love this proposal story... :)

lucky couple... :)

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Oooooo...this'll be good.

*grabs popcorn* :D

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Oooooo...this'll be good.

*grabs popcorn* :D
MOD FIGHT - MOD FIGHT - MOD FIGHT
Nothing to see here, move along....

I've maintained over the 5+ years of my association with Mr Bubble that he married up and he's a lucky man that she showed some of that infamous Scottish charity when she said yes to him.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Nothing to see here, move along....

I've maintained over the 5+ years of my association with Mr Bubble that he married up and he's a lucky man that she showed some of that infamous Scottish charity when she said yes to him.
I know. Just trying to instigate some excitement this morning.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
He certainly did get lucky, that's for sure.

But they make a cute couple, so I'd say it even's out. :biggrin:

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Returning to the highway ;)

If a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a chapter or two...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts