Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost forgot about this little mishap I had a couple of months ago. Don't really know how it happened ,but I made a few adjustments to the rear fender where the plate bolts on ,an it won't happen again. Repainting the fender was the worst part took me the better part of a weekend to straighten it out an repaint.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a couple more pics.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Phatboy the heading said beat up a** end, didn't know a** was that bad? Guess I'll have to rename my stubborn ol mule<G>

·
Registered
5 Posts
WC, could you post a pic of the "fixed" bracket. I still have my applied for plate on but its got a crecent moon wear mark burned into it from hittin the tire. I don't wan't to mess up my new plate. How'd that happen anyway?

-mprtech

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know how it happened . I was going about 80 an hit a expandtion joint going over a bridge, didn't seem to be too bad of a bump ,didn't really feel bad in the front at all. As far as the bracket, didn't make a new one. Just reach up under the license plate an bend the tabs that the bracket is bolted too an bend them down which will move the plate out from the tire ,bend them as much as you feel comfortable with. I'm about 4" from the tire. You need to bump up the preload on the rear shock a couple of notchs as well. Bumping up the preload will also help the bike's handling in the twistie's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ya I noticed. When I first got the bike (1 month and 700 miles ago, hehe) the shock was on the weakest setting. I bumped it up to the third weakest and lovin it. Thanks for the tip on the bracket.

-mprtech

·
Registered
837 Posts
**** chuckie...thats a good one there, cant beleave you did'nt feel that one :shock:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bud , didn't really feel it , but I sure did hear it ! :x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts